TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

New TurboCAD Architectural Tutorial
Read 7428 times
June 06, 2010, 10:13:50 PM
Textual Creations is very pleased to announce the release of TurboCAD V17.1 – Anatomy of a TurboCAD House

TurboCAD V17.1 – Anatomy of a TurboCAD House is a 326 page fully illustrated tutorial that leads the reader through every keystroke to produce the cutaway house on the cover of the tutorial.

TurboCAD V17.1 – Anatomy of a TurboCAD House is available on the Textual Creations Shopping Page. Sample pages are available there.

From the Introduction:

I had been surfing the internet one day looking for tutorial inspiration when I came across a house cutaway that I just loved. I knew immediately that this was the route I wanted to go to showcase many of the TurboCAD architecture tools that exist. I made contact via email and asked if those behind the creation minded if I based my new tutorial on their idea. Matt Jennings replied that he was pleased that I liked his illustration and said that he was okay with basing the tutorial on it. Thanks Matt! (See tutorial or tutorial sample pages for link to Matt's website and rendering)

I hope that you enjoy the tutorial.

Best regards,
Don

More and more, architects, builders and interior designers are being forced to compete in the industry by supplying top notch architectural visuals in a timely and cost effective manner. Luckily, CAD software designers such as IMSI/Design are aware of these needs and have stepped up to the plate to create a package that addresses these needs – all the while keeping in mind the budget conscious, ease of use and, of course, quality of output.

TurboCAD Pro V17 (Platinum Edition) has kept up with the tradition of introducing additional architectural features, this time most notably with the addition of window muttons. Within this tutorial the new user will be introduce to many of the new and existing architectural tools and functions in a manner that should prove most enjoyable.

Here is the Anatomy of a TurboCAD House [Build] video if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUx3WuE_BH4 Creating the video is not part of the tutorial, it is just something extra I did for fun with the components that are created as part of the tutorial

Here is a link to a larger version, it is much better than the tiny YouTube video
http://www.textualcreations.ca/Anatomy_of_a_TurboCAD_House_Build.mp4 (6.3MB mp4) Allow time to download.

* June 07, 2010, 02:34:19 AM
re: ...it is much better than the tiny YouTube video.

I didn't find YouTube tiny. I just click on the Full Screen icon at the bottom right, and it's just as good as the other.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* June 07, 2010, 07:08:18 AM
Excellent Video presentation Don..I'm guessing Wolfgang's Eine Nachmusik really brings it together superbly..

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 09, 2010, 03:51:41 PM
First Class Tutorials Don !.

* June 09, 2010, 06:43:16 PM
Don

There was another post a few days ago asking for input on a future tutorial that continues along this same theme.  Are you still interested in this info?  Also, are you still interested in creating a bundle approach on this theme?

I am interested in this tutorial, but I am even more interested in pushing the limits especially with cut sections and the drafting palette.  I also would like to see more information on using the flatten or explode command in creating accurate cross sections that include framing.

TC V21 Pro Platinum  Win 7 Professional

June 09, 2010, 07:06:30 PM
Don
There was another post a few days ago asking for input on a future tutorial that continues along this same theme.  Are you still interested in this info?  Also, are you still interested in creating a bundle approach on this theme?

I am interested in this tutorial, but I am even more interested in pushing the limits especially with cut sections and the drafting palette.  I also would like to see more information on using the flatten or explode command in creating accurate cross sections that include framing.

Sorry, I removed the other thread. I figured that after 80 views and no responses that folks weren't interested in commenting.

I appreciate your comments and will keep them in mind when I am planning my next architectural tutorial.

* June 10, 2010, 02:54:38 AM
It sure looks like an interesting tutorial.  Although I use 16.2 and work in the building industry in France, using different construction methods,  I am sure to learn from your tutorial.  So I've just ordered it from your website, paid with Paypal and I await with a hot computer for your email telling me where to download !  Perhaps from seeing the book I may be inspired to buy TC 17.
Peter

User since TC3 in France
Saint Helier, capital of Jersey
Monk in the 4th century AD

June 10, 2010, 06:55:49 AM
It sure looks like an interesting tutorial.  Although I use 16.2 and work in the building industry in France, using different construction methods,  I am sure to learn from your tutorial.  So I've just ordered it from your website, paid with Paypal and I await with a hot computer for your email telling me where to download !  Perhaps from seeing the book I may be inspired to buy TC 17.
Peter

Thanks Peter. I hope that you enjoy it.

Sorry my system is not automated and those overseas must wait for me to wake up before their orders get processed. I did look at full automation but it was going to be very costly, so I could not justify that. I had one company quote $10K to get my website 'updated' and fully automated.

I am curious about building construction where you live Peter. Do you have a link to a site in your country where it describes some of the common building processes? I know that IMSI added the component wall function in V16 to accommodate some European processes, but I would be interested in seeing what else could be used.