TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Vanishing Paper Space and D.O. Regens
Read 2740 times
* June 13, 2009, 09:45:15 AM
For a second time in less than a week I have had the contents of my all my paper spaces vanish along with the corresponding Drafting Office Regen objects.  The first time, I lost 27 completely dimensioned paper space drawings.  I had just completed the last of the paper space drawings, saved and went back to edit an earlier one only to discover that it and all the rest were gone.  This is not a layer visibility problem - they are gone.
Since I had saved before discovering the problem, the backup file was also useless.  Both files were reported as possibly corrupted when I attempted to reload them.

I was able to copy the model space contents to a new file and had completed regenerating half a dozen of the paper space drawings  when the same thing happened again.

I am using Pro. version 15.2 under Windows XP on a 2.5 GHz Dual Core Intel Pentium class processor.

The only thing offbeat I am doing is editing the text in the dimensions to include the Imperial measurements as well as the metric that were automatically generated.  I don't think this should have caused the problem.

I have ordered the version 16 upgrade in hopes that this is problem is version dependant, but I think in any event IMSI should rethink their backup scheme as having only a single copy has, for me anyway, twice proved to be absolutely useless.

Bob Miller - presently not a happy camper
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:49:28 AM by ashtonrsmiller »

* June 13, 2009, 11:28:16 AM
re: Vanishing Paper Space

Are you saving the drawing in the TCW format or the DWG format? If DWG, I believe R14 only has one paperspace, if you're using that.

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* June 13, 2009, 03:12:27 PM
I am saving as .TCW.   I have very little need to deal with other formats.

What I am doing, going forward, is to save a new named version after each paper space page is completed.  That way if this happens again, I limit the amount of work lost and maybe can isolate what action is causing the problem.

Bob Miller