TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Last Frame
Read 2763 times
April 12, 2010, 07:48:35 AM
Hi I am creating a movie where four puzzle pieces travel to the ground one at a time to interlock. I can manage this just fine. I want the last frame to last a bit longer when all four are on the ground in one piece. How can I drag the last frame out longer? Can this be done while creating the movie or will I need to increase the last frame duration in a video editor?

What I am doing next is flipping the four pieces over simultaneously. I thought that I would just create a second movie with a new grouped set of puzzle pieces and then combine the two moves in a video editor. Does that sound like the correct approach?

* April 12, 2010, 09:26:31 AM
I have achieved this in two ways. One way is to create a keyframe of the objects in the same location but in future keyframes. They will not be linked, due to there being no change in state, but it will add to the overall animation. The other way is to duplicate (copy and paste) the frame a number of times in an animation editing program. I use PhotoShop for this but you can do it in the included "Montage Centre".

Ron Hill

April 12, 2010, 07:26:49 PM
Only if you're going to join two videos later, you can add as many frames as you like in preferences.

Saying that, I think I'd prefer to do the whole animation in one, just use the video editor if you're cutting to different viewpoints or adding effects/titles

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

April 12, 2010, 08:27:49 PM
Thanks guys.

I ended up not needing to create extra time between segments otherwise I got a noticeable bump in the production which looked gross.

I did two video segments, one with the drop down build and one with the whole group rotation. I kept the images that were created in both segments and assembled them in Camtasia. The production works flawlessly. I only did it in part wireframe / part draft for now to work out all the issues but now I am sure I can run a quality scenario. It will just take much longer to render the frames.

I would have liked to run it all in one segment but I couldn't figure out how to created a new actor out of the whole bundle of pieces when the puzzle pieces were named as actors already. Each puzzle piece has 3D text and/or logos on them as well, so they are groups on top of it. I did try rotating the whole collection of actors but each rotated about their own axis, instead of as a group.

This is preliminary work for a client so I can't show it, but I think I will eventually do another with different text and logo so I can post it on my gallery at some point.

Thank goodness I had spent some time getting to know Animation Lab. Although no expert, I can get by. I had been asked to do the puzzle graphics and then out of the blue my new client said "We should animate that!"