TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

New forum annoyances
Read 2430 times
* June 06, 2009, 02:01:50 AM
I've got used to the new forum but there are two things that I find annoying.

1. I select a board that has a green lozenge to indicate new posts, and see the new postings identified by "New" stickers. If I don't bother to look at a new post, but click the category name on the top left corner, the lozenge has turned black to show no new posts, but if I click the board name again the "New" stickers are still present.
So why is the lozenge black?

2. If a board contains new postings on multiple pages and I choose to look at one that's not on the first page, and then click the "Go" key (bottom right corner) to go back to the board, it always sends me to the first page rather than the page I chose. Why?

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

June 06, 2009, 07:25:40 AM
I've got used to the new forum but there are two things that I find annoying.

2. If a board contains new postings on multiple pages and I choose to look at one that's not on the first page, and then click the "Go" key (bottom right corner) to go back to the board, it always sends me to the first page rather than the page I chose. Why?
It's a hard link, not a back button. Use your back button.

Hardware: 2.67GHz Core I7-920, 18GB 1333 DDR3, Nvidia Gforce GT 220
Software: TC 2018.25.0.41.0 (64)
Setup: UI: Classic, Editing History: Off, Use Choice: Off, Native Draw: GDI

* June 06, 2009, 11:56:41 PM

It's a hard link, not a back button. Use your back button.
If I use my back button the New sticker isn't removed.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* June 07, 2009, 02:33:52 AM
If I use my back button the New sticker isn't removed.

I find that after using the Back button to return from the Topic page to the Board page, clicking on the Board name (the bottom of the tree, upper left; Problems, in this case) removes the New button. You can also click on the Board name at the top of this Topic page and it will return you to the Board page and remove the New icon. Most times, I will read through the various threads in a Board, then click on the Board name to clear all the New icons.

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit