TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Two "Problems"
Read 3173 times
* June 05, 2009, 08:08:27 AM
Well, my first problem with mysterious shutdowns seems to be resolved, so I'll try two more.

Why does the Inspector Bar keep insisting that I use Scale and Position?  I only use Size, Delta, and Rotate, but setting these in the Selector Properties only lasts for a while.  Sometimes, it changes during a drawing session for no reason that I can decipher.

Why do dimensions and text "bleed thru" something solid.  I'm designing some cabinets and have views that include walls.  When I go to an isometric view, the dimensions and text show up even though the rest of the cabinet is hidden by the wall?

* June 05, 2009, 08:39:51 AM
Did you post the resolution to the original problem in that thread. I didn't see it. Would be helpful to others.

* June 05, 2009, 09:14:19 AM
Why do dimensions and text "bleed thru" something solid.  

You can prevent this from occurring in a rendered screen by disabling "Nonrenderable objects" in View|Camera|Properties|Rendering. The only way to prevent it in Wireframe is to put the dimensions and text on a hidden Layer.

Afraid I have no idea what causes your Inspector Bar problem.

Henry H

* June 05, 2009, 11:20:59 AM
Robert -
The answer to my "mysterious shutdowns" question was to update to Build 3.7.  I had received 3.4 on my CD.  I've updated, but haven't verified that the problem is solved.

Henery -
Is "Hidden Line" considered a rendering? 

* June 05, 2009, 11:37:24 AM
Henery -
I tried your suggestion, but lost all of the dimensions and text (as if I had made those layers invisible).

I guess I'll have to figure out something else.  I was hoping to "lose" only what was "hidden" behind the wall.

Would still like to understand why the Inspector Bar won't remember what I told it.  Sorta reminds me of when the kids were living at home. - lol

* June 05, 2009, 01:02:20 PM
Is "Hidden Line" considered a rendering? 

Yup.

Henry H

* June 05, 2009, 01:46:54 PM
I was hoping to "lose" only what was "hidden" behind the wall.

OK; I didn't understand the problem. You'll have to convert the text and dimensions to 3D objects. This is easy with the text; simply use "Flexible" Mode and assign some small 3D Thickness (via the Properties dialog). Dimensions are a little more complicated. Explode the dimensions one time, which will reduce each dimension to a Multiline Text object plus a collection of Lines and Polylines. Deselect the Multiline Text, leaving the Lines and Polylines selected, and open the Properties dialog to the Pen page. Type a value (e.g., 0.05 inch) in the Width field and specify "World" Scaling;  go to the Brush page and specify "Solid"; go to the 3D page and assign a small 3D Thickness;  click OK to exit the dialog. Select the Multiline Text which used to be part of the dimensions and treat it as described above for text.

Henry H

[attachment deleted by admin]