TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Sketch w/ constraints
Read 2264 times
* June 03, 2009, 05:17:54 PM
I recently upgraded from Pro v6 to TurboCad Pro v16 Basic.  I never used 3D in V6

Last fall I took a 20 hour "Engineer Intoduction" to Unigraphics, the CAD system we have at work.  As an engineer, I have Designers who do the CAD work, so my last work related CAD involved a 2D system in the mid-eighties.  Of course after 20 hours of training we couldn't even draw a line due to the amazing complexity of the program.

However the class peaked my interest in 3D, so I downloaded the Pro v15 for the 30 day trial.  I was amazed at the difference between its ability and V6.  Many of the features we were shown in the Unigraphics class were available in TurboCAD V15.  I was very impressed with the sketching feature with constraints.

I've been going through the 3D training, and have yet to see this sketching feature.  Does v16 have this feature?  I search the help (????) file but find nothing.  Is this only available in Pro v16 Mechanical?

Thanks,

Tom

* June 03, 2009, 08:30:24 PM
oops sorry...read THEN post...got it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:33:19 PM by mics_54 »

* June 03, 2009, 08:52:00 PM
Just noticed the 'Sketch' on the subject line.

I would like to be able to print out drawings that would have the appearance of being 'sketched'.  Do I have to creat a 'line style'?  Would it be a print options of some sort?

I have done some drawings and print outs, but, they are mostly straight forward shop drawings/technical.  I guess I am looking for a way to create line drawings with a bit of an 'artistic' look to them.  Perhaps a bit 'impressionistic'

I have done a quick search but have not found anything that seems applicable.

Thanks,

Min

* June 03, 2009, 11:08:29 PM
re: I was very impressed with the sketching feature with constraints.

The Mechanical and Platinum editions have all the Constraints features.

re: I would like to be able to print out drawings that would have the appearance of being 'sketched'.

That's not possible with 2D. You could do a screenshot or "Save As" an image that you could work with in an image editing application (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro). Those app's can convert your image into something that looks sketched.
For 3D, there are the Sketch rendering features in V16's Advanced Rendering styles.

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit