TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

On going general problems...
Read 1005 times
December 08, 2019, 01:51:27 AM

Hi ALL, and thanks for all the help so far.
I still have many unsolved technical obstacle to surmount but a repeating problem relates to the system as a whole. They have been addressed already, but I need a fresh take on some of them...

1/  the rulers go out of sync with the grid, not the end of the world, I agree but disconcerting none the less!

2/ More worrying, my drawing seems to have moved in the x axis.  WHAT did I do, how do I prevent/reverse this anomaly?

3/ Having set up a few features, menus, layouts etc, How to I ensure these return on next implementation of system?

4/ The advice for stopping circle extrusions appearing as polygon  worked fine, but fails to work when extruding a circle to a cone.

Thanks again, this forum will take a lot of beating as an early Chistmas present!

Using TurboCAD 2019 Deluxe 64 bit since Dec 2019

Best is the enemy of good enough

Barrs Law Of Recursive Futility

If you are smart enough to use one of these...
   ,,, you can probably manage without one!

* December 08, 2019, 11:11:26 AM
"3/ Having set up a few features, menus, layouts etc, How to I ensure these return on next implementation of system?"

Delete all objects that may be in the drawing and then save the empty drawing as a Template (with a name of your choice, omitting the filename extension). When starting a new name, use the "From Template" option.

Henry H

* December 08, 2019, 11:20:30 AM
1 and 2
Maybe you have skewed the view a little bit, maybe have pressed the scrollweel when moving the mouse by mistake
Plan view, Ctrl + W should fix both.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* December 08, 2019, 02:27:16 PM
"4/ The advice for stopping circle extrusions appearing as polygon  worked fine, but fails to work when extruding a circle to a cone."

Here's a screenshot of a cone made in Deluxe with the Cone tool, using the "Specify 2D Base" option and with "Number of approximation lines" set to 90...

Henry H

* December 08, 2019, 04:27:47 PM
1 and 2
Maybe you have skewed the view a little bit, maybe have pressed the scrollweel when moving the mouse by mistake
Plan view, Ctrl + W should fix both.

Torfinn

On 2015 & 2016, my rulers disappear if the viewpoint's moved off World ortho view and don't appear at all on UCS ortho views.   

* December 08, 2019, 04:52:57 PM
Yes that is whats happens, but it is possible to skew it a tiny little bit with the mouse, the rulers are still there but the grid dont match 100 %.
And # 2 also indicate that, hence why i believe that it his problem.

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

December 08, 2019, 05:34:56 PM

Hi ALL, and thanks for all the help so far.
I still have many unsolved technical obstacle to surmount but a repeating problem relates to the system as a whole. They have been addressed already, but I need a fresh take on some of them...

1/  the rulers go out of sync with the grid, not the end of the world, I agree but disconcerting none the less!

2/ More worrying, my drawing seems to have moved in the x axis.  WHAT did I do, how do I prevent/reverse this anomaly?

3/ Having set up a few features, menus, layouts etc, How to I ensure these return on next implementation of system?

4/ The advice for stopping circle extrusions appearing as polygon  worked fine, but fails to work when extruding a circle to a cone.

Thanks again, this forum will take a lot of beating as an early Chistmas present!

Since you are very much in the (re)learning stage, it's highly advised (asked... ) that you include (attach) a copy of a Drawing file that has issues when posting asking for help and input.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 05:41:31 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* December 08, 2019, 10:16:35 PM
I agree with Alvin, more easy if we dont need to guess whats going on.
Another thing about # 2, it can be "spacedust"
Use Ctrl + a ( Select all ) and see if the boudarybox og outside what is the drawing for you, in case, press Shift and re-select the drawing objects you want to keep with a window selection, then you will de-select this objects and you delete the rest, if there are any.

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

December 09, 2019, 04:46:55 AM

?
   How did you go about trying to achieve that?-- "... when extruding a circle to a cone."
______
Also, just a bit of housekeeping:  "version-19" is not accurate or good shorthand for "version-2019".  A version-19 actually exists; interchanging those version-#s can cause some confusion among those offering assistance and delays in attaining resolution.
I believe the current version-- version-2019-- is technically version-26.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:19:21 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

December 09, 2019, 10:13:00 AM
?[/size]   How did you go about trying to achieve that?-- "... when extruding a circle to a cone."

You can Loft a Circle to a Point or you can specify a Draft Angle for the Simple Extrude function in Properties.  The first option gives you a bit of flexibility because the Point doesn't have to be directly above the center of the Circle.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

December 09, 2019, 10:32:19 AM
?   How did you go about trying to achieve that?-- "... when extruding a circle to a cone."

You can Loft a Circle to a Point or you can specify a Draft Angle for the Simple Extrude function in Properties.  The first option gives you a bit of flexibility because the Point doesn't have to be directly above the center of the Circle.

Jeff

The below is what I get in version-19-Deluxe when I try to use the closest thing to the Loft Tool available-- the Prism Tool.
I don't know if jimb's version of Deluxe (2019) now has the Loft Tool.
_______
I was actually asking jimb how he went about "... extruding the circle to a cone" to help diagnosis what he is reporting as an issue.  I don't know how "extruding" a "circle" to a "cone" (all terms in quotes being read literally) can be achieved, and doubt it can be, literally; and wanted jimb to clarify.

Alvin Gregorio