TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Saving color palette changes
Read 1050 times
* November 14, 2019, 12:50:42 PM
I use TurboCad Pro 11.  When I make changes to the color palette, save the drawing, close TurboCad, and then open the saved drawing, the changes I made to the color palette are missing (i.e., the original color palette back).  How can I change the default color palette?

November 14, 2019, 01:04:26 PM
I use TurboCad Pro 11.  When I make changes to the color palette, save the drawing, close TurboCad, and then open the saved drawing, the changes I made to the color palette are missing (i.e., the original color palette back).  How can I change the default color palette?

What Operating System are you using your version-11 on?
Does your version-11 have full functionality, other than what you shared here?  For an example, if you go to the View menu, do you see an option for opening the TcExplorer Palette?

Where/how-- what TurboCAD window/palette-- are you making the "changes to the color palette"?; using what method?

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 14, 2019, 03:35:41 PM
I run  TC11 (build 11.1) under  Windows 10 (whatever update is recent).  TC View menu does have option to open TcExplorer Palette.

November 14, 2019, 03:42:34 PM
I run  TC11 (build 11.1) under  Windows 10 (whatever update is recent).  TC View menu does have option to open TcExplorer Palette.

Okay.  It sounds like you have the limited functionalities effect that many report when using a legacy version of TurboCAD on a more-recent-than-the-TurboCAD-version-was-developed Operating System.  It happened to me-- version-11.2 on a Windows-7 system; my fix is to turn Off Windows' User Account Control whenever I want to use version-11.2 to its fullest.

Not to say that is causing your Color saving issue.
   Again:  Where-- what TurboCAD window/palette-- are you making the "changes to the color palette"?; using what method/procedure?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:34:33 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 14, 2019, 09:31:41 PM
I have Version 11.2, Build 27.1 in Windows 10 (1903).

I was able to add colors through the "Options / Color Palette" page. I'd type in a Name, then click on "New". I'd enter the RGB numbers I wanted and OK & OK. I now have that color/name listed. If I start a New from Scratch drawing or open an old drawing, it has the new color listed in Properties, though you may to restart TurboCAD.

If I have a lot of colors to be added, I would set them up in a [Color_Palette] file, then use the TCExplorer Palette to bring them in to the program. Keep the RGB sequence; RGB68=…, RGB69=…, etc.
Expand "Settings", then "Built-In(Current).
Scroll down and right-click on "Color_Palette".
Browse for the "Color_Palette" file that you updated with the new colors.
Click "Extract". All the colors in the file will be listed in the window below.
Since I have all the colors I want listed in the file, I use "Select All", then "Replace All"…
then "Add" and finally OK.
You may need to restart TurboCAD or just a New from Scratch drawing to see the new colors.

Hope this works for you.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* November 15, 2019, 12:26:58 AM
Hi Alvin,

Thanks for your input.  To make color changes, I click Options, clicki Color Palette, click on a named color I want to change or add a new color name, set the RGB values, and click OK.  The changes stay there until I close TC.  If a restart TC and reopen a drawing I saved after modifying the palette, the changed palette reverts to the default palette.

* November 15, 2019, 01:37:22 AM
John R.,
Thanks for the suggestion.  It let me do exactly what I wanted.

* November 15, 2019, 07:51:53 AM
John R.,
Thanks for the suggestion.  It let me do exactly what I wanted.

Good to hear. I wouldn't go above 110 colors, as I found it slowed TurboCAD down. In Version 17 they added an "Index Color" page to the Color Palette that lists all the AutoCAD Colors; if you ever move up to a newer version. The "True Color" page in the picture is my customized setup.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

November 15, 2019, 10:51:40 AM
If I have a lot of colors to be added, I would set them up in a [Color_Palette] file, then use the TCExplorer Palette to bring them in to the program. Keep the RGB sequence; RGB68=…, RGB69=…, etc.
Expand "Settings", then "Built-In(Current).
Scroll down and right-click on "Color_Palette".
Browse for the "Color_Palette" file that you updated with the new colors.
Click "Extract". All the colors in the file will be listed in the window below.
Since I have all the colors I want listed in the file, I use "Select All", then "Replace All"…
then "Add" and finally OK.
You may need to restart TurboCAD or just a New from Scratch drawing to see the new colors. ...

Thanks John.  Do you know how we get the "From the Drawing" option to come available and how to make that work?

Alvin Gregorio

* November 15, 2019, 01:57:39 PM
Thanks John.  Do you know how we get the "From the Drawing" option to come available and how to make that work?

I don't know. I've never tried to use that. Someone at Softdev (Vlad Veselov) may know, they created TCExplorer.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled