TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Turbocad 19 Delux Windows 10 64 Bit Open file on startup
Read 700 times
* November 13, 2019, 05:25:09 PM
Hi all, After a long break from Turbocad I decided to install old copy I have v19 Delux on Windows 10 64 bit. The program works well except for one odd quirk. When you load program and get option to open, create etc if I click open existing the program loads without opening file just blank user screen. I then have to click file again and click file again and then it loads as normal. I wondered if anyone else has encountered this two step process when starting program. TIA.

* November 13, 2019, 07:59:53 PM
I get the same thing with my copy of TurboCAD V19 Deluxe (19.2.54.2). I get the Splash Screen with "Open/Cancel/New", but "Open/New" don't work. I use the "New/Open" icons to open the "New TurboCAD Drawing" dialog or the "File / Open" dialog.

I tried dumping the Built-In folder contents, doing a Repair, changing the Compatibility to Win 7, and Run as Administrator; nothing worked. I guess some Windows Update wrecked something.

EDIT: You could delete or rename the "TCStart.exe" file with an OLD extension; TCStart.exe.OLD. You'll skip the Splash Screen, then go to "File / New or Open". It removes a step.
C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCW19\Program
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:16:14 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* November 14, 2019, 10:57:48 AM
I get the same thing with my copy of TurboCAD V19 Deluxe (19.2.54.2). I get the Splash Screen with "Open/Cancel/New", but "Open/New" don't work. I use the "New/Open" icons to open the "New TurboCAD Drawing" dialog or the "File / Open" dialog.

I tried dumping the Built-In folder contents, doing a Repair, changing the Compatibility to Win 7, and Run as Administrator; nothing worked. I guess some Windows Update wrecked something.

EDIT: You could delete or rename the "TCStart.exe" file with an OLD extension; TCStart.exe.OLD. You'll skip the Splash Screen, then go to "File / New or Open". It removes a step.
C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCW19\Program
Hi, thanks for replying with advice I shall try. I know its only a minor inconvenience and just wondered if it was common. Might just have to live with it.