TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

How do I import RedSDK Materials?
Read 889 times
October 29, 2019, 11:44:41 PM
Trying to import RedSDK Material file (*.mat).

No info in the Help files and the Materials / Import Materials function is only for LightWorks LWA files (I won't experiment until I get more information).

I can see that it's a text file and I should be able to splice them together (with the Default.mat file, apparently), but isn't there an easier way?

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* October 30, 2019, 07:43:28 AM
From Selection Info Palette >>Materials >> Category or Database, rigthclick in a free area and select Save Materials, then a menu will pop up, in that one Select the materials you want or all and save with a New name, then you will get a *.mat file that you can copy to a different version of TC and place in similar folder in different Version.
So back to Materials in palette in New version and rigthclick in free area and choose Database, it takes a little time for TC to load them all, then Load Materials and choose the *.mat file you just made and moved, ok and out.
If you dont have a preview thumbnail of them open that category and run preview on 1 of then, then Select that category and rigthclick and Select update Thumbnails for category, when finish, click add down in rigth corner and ok when it's finish.

A tip, start With 0 in the New mat file name, then it will come on top in category, aka 0 Jeffs.mat

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB