TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Linking Excel Updated
Read 1467 times
* March 02, 2010, 12:05:00 PM
I am trying to create an Excel workbook to automatically fill in the title bars on my drawing pages. I have created worksheets, in a workbook, that are named Index Page and Drawing 1 thru Drawing 9, 10 sheets total, on the index sheet I enter information about the drawing,, each ROW represents a different drawing. I enter the information about the 9 different Drawings (Paper Spaces) which populates the TITLE BLOCKS on the respective worksheets 1-9. I then copy the info from each work sheet and "PASTE SPECIAL" (link) to the perspective drawing pages with the information Name, Date, sheet Number, Sheet Name, Page Number etc. What I would like to do is be able to create a new drawing and Excel file for each project without having to go through the copying and special pasting. If I "save as" the drawing it keeps the link to the original Excel workbook and I need to keep the original workbook with the original drawing and if I change the Excel workbook the info in the original drawing changes. Yeah now I'm confused also. Can I "save as" the Excel Workbook, change the name and relink it to the new drawing? I have tried this and I get an error message of "INVALID SOURCE" "do you want to correct it"? clicking yes or no does nothing that I can see and the link does not change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:37:00 PM by carwashtech »