TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Coordinate field disagreement
Read 482 times
* September 15, 2019, 01:01:02 PM
This is in regard to TurboCad 19.  Very often in the middle of making a drawing the coordinate field describing an object will suddenly begin to disagree with the coordinate field for the cursor.  In other words, if an object is described as being at Posx=4.5 and Posy=6.3, when I place the cursor at that location as shown graphically,  the cursor coordinate field reads back entirely different values.  The only workaround I've come up with is to copy everything and paste it into a new drawing.

I apologize if my nomenclature is hazy.  Couldn't find precise definitions in the manual.  Also sorry I can't provide a screenshot.  Now that I want the glitch to happen, it won't  If this situation comes up again as I'm sure it will. I'll post a screenshot.

* September 15, 2019, 06:54:48 PM
Hey Tyrone, This just happened to me in TC 23 the other day and it was driving me completely insane. I reset my work plane and it fixed it. What had actually happened to me was that when I set my work plane  I was actually not square with the axis as I must have turned the drawing some before I set the plane. So my cursor was skewed since my whole drawing was actually tilted some. I hope that makes sense. Perhaps this is the same case you are experiencing.

TC 14 pro.  TC 18, 21,22 pro platinum. 3 s10's and an s4. Creality Ender 5.

* September 15, 2019, 08:43:47 PM
If I'm meddling with the workplane I'm doing it entirely by accident, but maybe so.  I'll keep this in mind next time it comes up.  It also occurred to me that somehow it's changing to UCS, but once again, it would have to be without my input.

* September 15, 2019, 09:31:53 PM
Remember the workplane of an object changes when you rotate or move an object. Subsequently selecting that object will change the workplane.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

September 16, 2019, 03:21:36 AM
  It occurs to me that you could have different Coordinate Systems in your Selector Properties.

I know that, when I have selected User CS, the dimensions of an asymmetrical object change when I rotate it.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* September 16, 2019, 06:14:39 AM
In the dim distant V6, V7 days of TC, there was an html ScriptsPack released for TC that ran in the internet palette that TC used to have, and it was able to run in the palette conditionally into V10 & V11.  One script listed entities' vertex coordinates in World UCS, entity UCS, and what was called "TC internal CS" (I've got no idea of the significance of that), concurrently.  TC must keep a dynamic internal matrix of the relationship between those coordinate systems, and from your description, perhaps there's spillover between them. 

* September 16, 2019, 08:43:55 AM
Try this once, select workplane by facet for the facet that you want to work on. Then select the view that you want to use that should be aligned with your object and see if your coordinates are off. If they are then hit control+shift+W to make the view change to be square with the workplane of the facet.  Now see if your coordinates are off. If they are good then your object is not aligned to one of the views and if it is still off then it goes deeper ha ha. The control+shift+W is a great shortcut to remember especially when working with odd shaped models.

TC 14 pro.  TC 18, 21,22 pro platinum. 3 s10's and an s4. Creality Ender 5.