TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Material cannot be applied on specific object
Read 1543 times
* May 27, 2019, 02:55:46 AM
Issue:

Solution:

Material cannot be assigned to a 'block - insertion' or 'group'.

For this we can use Explode or Edit Content operation.

Blocks and groups are first broken into their individual objects, then each object can then in turn be exploded.

When a user deletes a material, the text representation of the material also is deleted.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:09:24 AM by Ehtisham Mehmood IMSI »

* May 28, 2019, 06:10:19 AM
Issue:

Solution:

Material cannot be assigned to a 'block - insertion' or 'group'.

For this we can use Explode or Edit Content operation.

Blocks and groups are first broken into their individual objects, then each object can then in turn be exploded.

When a user deletes a material, the text representation of the material also is deleted.

That is not entirely true,Ehtisham.

If Block is set with material properties "by Block"
Materials can be applied to Block in ModelSpace.
If material is applied to the Block in "Block edit mode" that material overrides any material set to the Block properties in ModelSpace.

in ModelSpace Group properties have no option for materials But if a Group is part of a Block a material can be applied to the entire block using the "by Block" property.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

* May 28, 2019, 09:13:35 AM
I've gotta admit that I have never understood the "By Block" concept.

Henry H