TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Displaying the value of a point
Read 346 times
* April 20, 2019, 08:52:52 AM
Hi Everyone.  I'm having trouble displaying the value of a point.  I can import points (index, x, y, z, note) via a CSV file and see the points in the drawing but without either the index number or note showing on the drawing, it's just a random set of points for me.  Sure I can create triangles and contours from the points but without knowing exactly what that point is on the drawing (edge of asphalt or center of manhole for example) I can't really use Civil.  One of the issues that may be a problem is in the settings menu in Civil.  I do have the "insert value" checked in the Points tab and assign it a layer and a text height, but Civil doesn't save the layer.  The saved layer drop down menu is blank again when I exit settings and go back in.  I'd be happy with just the index number shown as I can keep a log of what that point number is in the field.  Any advice?

* April 20, 2019, 09:41:15 AM
In import points there is a "structured view" for point with a note. There you can select a set of points based on the note field to insert only that set. And you can also give a layer name. Please see attached image and red ovals.

When points are inserted a "custom property" is added that contains the note.

Thank you for pointing this out and this suggest a new feature for the next version.

* April 20, 2019, 11:36:07 AM
Thanks Jerry.  This helps.  Now I can save named points on different layers.  If I make a rough map in the field as I label a point, I can keep track of which point on the field sketch/map corresponds to which point on the layer.  This will work as I don't usually have a large dataset (about 40 points scattered over a few acres) with only 4 or 5 points on the same layer.

* April 20, 2019, 12:37:11 PM
Glad to help. Next version should have the option to "use note as layer name" and should save quit a bit of work. Thank you.