TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Displaying the value of a point
Read 984 times
* April 20, 2019, 08:52:52 AM
Hi Everyone.  I'm having trouble displaying the value of a point.  I can import points (index, x, y, z, note) via a CSV file and see the points in the drawing but without either the index number or note showing on the drawing, it's just a random set of points for me.  Sure I can create triangles and contours from the points but without knowing exactly what that point is on the drawing (edge of asphalt or center of manhole for example) I can't really use Civil.  One of the issues that may be a problem is in the settings menu in Civil.  I do have the "insert value" checked in the Points tab and assign it a layer and a text height, but Civil doesn't save the layer.  The saved layer drop down menu is blank again when I exit settings and go back in.  I'd be happy with just the index number shown as I can keep a log of what that point number is in the field.  Any advice?

* April 20, 2019, 09:41:15 AM
In import points there is a "structured view" for point with a note. There you can select a set of points based on the note field to insert only that set. And you can also give a layer name. Please see attached image and red ovals.

When points are inserted a "custom property" is added that contains the note.

Thank you for pointing this out and this suggest a new feature for the next version.

* April 20, 2019, 11:36:07 AM
Thanks Jerry.  This helps.  Now I can save named points on different layers.  If I make a rough map in the field as I label a point, I can keep track of which point on the field sketch/map corresponds to which point on the layer.  This will work as I don't usually have a large dataset (about 40 points scattered over a few acres) with only 4 or 5 points on the same layer.

* April 20, 2019, 12:37:11 PM
Glad to help. Next version should have the option to "use note as layer name" and should save quit a bit of work. Thank you.