TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

TC 2020 wish - group edit
Read 1052 times
* April 19, 2019, 06:55:03 AM
I wish Group Edit would NOT grey out when using multiple windows and only one window is viewable..  I can understand it with multiple windows, if both are viewable and editable.  But if one window is 'Maximised' so another widow is not visible, then TC should allow Group editing. 

Whilst I know one can edit a group without going into group edit mode,  this does not work (for me) if one wants to use the edit tool. For example moving the nodes of a polyline which is in a group. Or using the facet edit tool.     Ok. maybe not a big deal, closing down the second / third window, editing the group and then re-opening up the windows again.  But for me this is more, fixing an age-old bug, than adding a new feature.

* April 19, 2019, 11:18:54 AM
I had 4 windows open with various different 'plan' views and tried editing a Group (Lines & Circles). After a minute of poking and prodding, trying to see what might work, TurboCAD 2019 went 'poof'. I think I'll try an older version to see if there's any difference.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

* April 19, 2019, 12:19:40 PM
I tried Version 11 with 4 windows open and had no problem editing a Group. The tools were active in the Edit menu.

Next was TurboCAD 2016 with the same layout. The tools were not active in the Edit menu. I could select the Group, then use "Ctrl+Space" to get into the Group and select/edit individual pieces. The "Finish Block/Group Editing" became available in the Local Menu, Edit Menu and Selection Info palette.

I tried TurboCAD 2018 and 2019 (again). 2018 locked up. 2019 shut down.

My guess is that this is a BUG that they might get around to fixing in the next 5-10 years, or it's a BUG that can't be fixed.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit