TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Gradient fade / Gradient outline
Read 363 times
* April 13, 2019, 05:45:07 PM
We use shading to enhance our 2D drawings. Just basic stuff that seemed to disappear when people moved from drawing boards to CAD. So for example shading reinforced concrete sections so that the shape and reinforcement stand out a bit better. Shading within a boundary works well in TurboCAD and is very effective.

Shading to fade is more difficult to achieve. The gradient tools seem to provide a good starting point for this but we find that when we plot these an outline appears around the shaded zone. The outline does not appear in Paperspace.

I have attached two examples using this technique to show soil around footings.

Example 1 is one from a while back. It achieved the desired effect but when I went back to have a look today, I did notice that there is a very faint outline appearing that is not visible in modelspace of paperspace.

Example 2 is today's example which shows a much thicker outline. In the example, I have replaced the soil with a grey shade that does not use a gradient - to illustrate that the outline is not added to the polyline in that case. The soil gradient polyline (light brown) has been offset above to more clearly illustrate the outcome.

I have set the line property to invisible but the outline persists.

TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2018 64 bit

* April 14, 2019, 03:05:36 AM
Are you using an invisible line for the outline of the hatch or a white line?

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* April 14, 2019, 03:23:55 AM
"I have set the line property to invisible but the outline persists."

TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2018 64 bit