TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Process Diagrams - Crossing Lines
Read 474 times
* April 08, 2019, 06:29:34 PM
As a retired chemical engineer I need to draw process lines which cross over each other but are non-connecting....see attached file.   Using colour is OK but I need to draw the whole diagram in black and white.
Is there a simple method of putting a semicircle in a line where it intersects/crosses_over with another?
I'm using Deluxe 2018.

* April 08, 2019, 06:50:30 PM
It's possible to draw a Polyline that includes one or more arcs. But I really think it's easier to draw individual straight segments, leaving a gap for the arc. The arc itself can then be added using "Arc Start End Included." Follow the instructions at the bottom left of your screen if you're not familiar with this tool. (BTW, the Crosshairs cursor makes it easier to align the straight-line segments. Alternatively, snap to the Grid when drawing them.)

Henry H

* April 08, 2019, 07:15:26 PM
Many thanks Henry.    Your solution works fine and to ease the repetition I now have a bank of copied arcs which I can move across to the broken lines.   Geoff (Australia)

* April 09, 2019, 04:37:03 AM
Switch the reference point of the first example to an end of the arc as per Henry's advice, then rubber stamp it to the other locations instead of moving copies to save a few more clicks.     

* April 10, 2019, 04:31:43 AM
Its amazing how simple, things can become, when you know how!
Much appreciated, Geoff