TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Extents - Local Menu
Read 650 times
* March 31, 2019, 10:55:14 AM
I made a mistake of upgrading to Windows 10, but more on that later.  When I right click on the desktop I get the local menu but I'm not seeing the "extents" button.  I looked under Tools/Workspace/Customize/Popup Toolbars and I don't see it there either.  I find it very useful.  How?

John B.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series

* March 31, 2019, 11:17:32 AM
John.   Are you just talking just about the 'Zoom' Extents button itself or a custom toolbar.  I've never had extents in the right click menu, so I can only assume you added it at some point in the past.

I'll assume just the extents button (the same as if one presses the mouse wheel).  Tools menu - customise.  Toolbar tab (not the pop-up toolbar tab).  tick Pop up_1, or 2 or 3, whichever you want to add the extents button to.   This will open the pop up as a separate toolbar.  go to the Commands tab.  find the extents icon,  (possibly under View - Zoom).  Drag the button onto the end of the pop up toolbar.  Go back to Toolbar tab. Turn off the pop-up. 

The Extents should now appear in the right click menu buttons.

Sorry if I have completely misunderstood your requirement.

* March 31, 2019, 11:25:22 AM
Zoom Extents was in the local popup menu when I right click.  It's gone.  Thank you Mr. Gates.  I got it back now.  Followed your instructions Andy.  Thanks.

John B.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 11:32:02 AM by John B. »

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series

* March 31, 2019, 01:32:18 PM
Have you tried clicking the scroll wheel button on your mouse?  I can't remember ever having set it up, but all of mine zoom extents in TC, so I'm assuming it's a default configuration.  It's sublime compared to hunting buttons and menus. 

* March 31, 2019, 02:22:10 PM
Yes, I do the scroll wheel as well but it's a habit of mine just to get things where I want with the local menus.  #fetish

John B..

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series