TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

custom script, dates and array split
Read 439 times
* March 09, 2019, 02:40:06 AM
Just playing around seeing if dates and a couple of other things work ok in AL.   I got carried away.

If you try the file.  Simply open the file. Then in AL's options menu - frames page, turn off  'Show Frames As Image Files' .  Play scenario. it will play in the TC window and should get the correct date from your own computer system.  Caution - if your system date is not between years 2001 and 2040, Do Not run it.

The Roman numerals, hopefully I got it right. took a while to figure out how to get it to change the right ones. No tricks, its all done via custom script.     

File designed in 2018 and the frames From - To, were designed slow enough to read.  However saved back to v21 and it runs much faster.  hmmm.  I wonder why v2018 is a lot slower.  Anyway, I couldn't be bothered altering all the frame numbers to slow down TC v21. so as it stands it may run a bit fast.  The custom script is commented if anyone wants to look. 

### Edit ###   Just attached is what it is supposed to look like if it works     ### End Edit ###
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:36:33 AM by Andy H »

March 09, 2019, 04:24:51 AM
Andy,

thanks for posting.
You've obviously got too much time on your hands!  ;D

I downloaded it and ran in v2018, with the result shown below.
All very strange.  :-\
Ran the animation again, and it worked just fine!

Timings for animation in both versions, on my system, are the same.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* March 09, 2019, 08:46:15 AM
Thanks for taking a look Tim.

The only thing I can think of,  is if the variables didn't stick in memory when it passed them back from the function.   I don't normally use functions, but it just saved having the same code written 3 times.    Maybe a Sub would have been better.

I just downloaded the file and it worked first time for me.  very odd.   Just in case its the same for others, I attached a gif of what it is suppose to look like. 

Thanks
Andy