TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Sheet Metal Fold/ Unfold Feature
Read 2434 times
* August 22, 2018, 08:32:56 AM
I wish you could do curved and curve/straight bends combined in this feature. It seems it would be fairly simple as the curve is only a portion of a circumference and a straight is just the length.

* August 22, 2018, 01:22:01 PM
I wish you could do curved and curve/straight bends combined in this feature. It seems it would be fairly simple as the curve is only a portion of a circumference and a straight is just the length.

I'm confused. Can you be a little more specific about what you'd like to do? -- 'cuz I'm inclined to think that it is possible with the existing tools.

Henry H

* September 12, 2018, 08:04:37 AM
Yes I guess I did not completely explain myself , lets say you have a rectangular part now look at the long side and bend it in a curve in the middle of the part al ready curved  you now form it in a v shape in the curve. so a curve and v shaped part and being able to unfold it.

September 12, 2018, 06:18:43 PM
Perhaps I'm not understanding, but I created a sheet (a Box with little height), then bent it around the center (both sides) and then unbent it.

The flat piece in the drawing has the ACIS History, if that will help you understand.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* September 12, 2018, 07:13:56 PM
I was thinking of something more like the attached screenshot. It was created using Bend Sheet but it will not Unbend.

Henry H

* September 13, 2018, 11:57:35 AM
I am enclosing a file of what I mean  mine has more contours on the flat but should not matter. If we decipher this part there is a long curve which is just circumference length excluding formulas for stretch etc. Now if we section thru the v form we have two legs flat lengths and a radius so the circumference of the radius in the center thickness of the part and the 2 flat lengths equal the length excluding again formulas for forming as they vary per materials used and how it is formed. This is what I would like to see in turbocad as it seems simple to get a unfold from this type of part excluding the bend formulas. This will give a flat pattern to start with and seems pretty simple to add to TC. I hope I down load the right file.

* September 13, 2018, 12:31:01 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean.

Henry H