Thank you all very much for your kind replies.
Just some notes for those who might be interested:
- The barn wood textures came from where I live, the oak posts came from a photo of an oak post in my house. The black boarding came from several photos of black boarding on the side of a barn. Each board is a separate image. The edgings of the roof tiles came from a photo of exactly that. I used "arbitrary plane" to match up the images to the objects...very confusing by the way.
- The other textures came from various places on the internet, a good source is: http://www.lemog.fr/lemog_textures/index.php
- I haven't used any architectural tools in any of my models. I always build accurately and to 1:1 scale.
- All of the work has been with Turbocad EXCEPT, the Bike Crank and Pedal came as a 3DS from "Turbosquid", http://www.turbosquid.com/3d
. I was more focused upon the design of the "Power meter" unit and its internal components. It would be possible to create the crank etc from within Turbocad.
- Some of the images have been edited in Photoshop, such as the depth of field effect.
- The Turbocad version used was 11.
- My most commonly used tools are : 3d splice, 3d extract & 3d add. They make anything possible.
- I have been playing around with Turbocad for several years, but only started to get the hang of it after watching a series of free videos I found on the web. I can't remember what they were though, might have been CADcourse.