TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

HELP. New to Turbocad. Which books to buy?
Read 7107 times
* January 31, 2010, 07:18:35 AM
Hi, I am new to turbocad as well as new to cad in general. I am a builder and looking for a cad solution to provide drawings of floorplans and building elevations. Instead of approaching it in an ad hoc fashion, I would like to get some tutorials on doing it by the book.
I have TC v15 Deluxe installed. Can anyone please suggest suitable tutorials or books to get started?

I see that IMSI do a 3d and 2d training bundle for £49. Can anyone reccommend this or an alternative

Many thanks,

Dylan :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:36:15 AM by Dylan cad »

January 31, 2010, 07:36:37 AM
Hi Dylan,

I have a couple Deluxe tutorials that can help you get started with the program, Although they are not architecture specific, they can help you get familiar with the program.

See Deluxe tutorials at the top of the page here: http://www.textualcreations.ca/Textual%20Creations%20Shopping%20Page.html

I also have a new tutorial that is due out late Monday, or Tuesday at the latest, which is architectural and should prove useful. I have attached an image of the cover.

[attachment deleted by admin]

January 31, 2010, 09:58:59 AM
I'd recommend getting one of Don's tutorials, too.  The step-by-step instructions cover a lot more of the commands than the book I bought, and Don is a lot more accessible than the book's author if you have questions.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* February 07, 2010, 07:49:50 AM
New to this also. I'm trying to setup a floor plan  so I can put on my website. I purchased the Turbocad Deluxe 2d/3d.  Is this the software you purchased and how is it going? I'm stuck.

February 07, 2010, 11:56:03 AM
Hey Dylan,

I've just recently purchased TurboCAD myself and I bought the following tutorials:

TurboCAD 2D and 3D training guides, these are good tutorials especially for begginers to CAD.  I found the examples simple for experienced CAD drafter, but I learned alot about how the program works.  They're definitely worth buying.

TurboCAD For AutoCAD Users, worked great to change my manner of working and to get a quick grip on TurboCAD's command structure.

Architectural Ttutorial Bundle by Don Cheke, I haven't gotten to work with it yet, but I've looked through it and I'm very impressed and can't wait to get started. 

I can recommend these for tutorials. There are several on the website that would probably work well also.

* February 08, 2010, 11:07:46 AM
Thanks for your help guys. I think I will go ahead and buy the IMSI tutorial first of all, then will look at your architectural ones Don, once I get going.
Cheers