TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

pocket door
Read 4195 times
* May 29, 2009, 04:45:19 PM
I am a novice and am having problems inserting a pocket door. I have no problems changing swing direction with other doors. I cannot change the direction of insertion of a pocket door. v16 pro arch

Alan Julien

* May 29, 2009, 05:14:23 PM
Are you using a Pocket door from the Door tool? When using the "Flip Inside/Outside" feature nothing happens on a Pocket door, as it's in the middle of the wall. The best I can see is to use plus or minus values for "Frame Inset". This will move the pocket door to one edge of a wall or the other.

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* May 29, 2009, 09:23:33 PM
Thanks John.
Yes I am using the door tool. I am trying to get the door to slide from the other side of the opening, as if you were facing the door and want it to slide from left to right instead of right to left.

Alan Julien

* May 30, 2009, 01:19:35 AM
I am trying to get the door to slide from the other side of the opening, as if you were facing the door and want it to slide from left to right instead of right to left.

When inserting the Door, use the "Flip Right-Left" option in the Inspector Bar or Local Menu. After a Door has been placed, use the Edit Tool to select the Door and make the change. You should have both "Flip" options available.

John R.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* May 30, 2009, 10:02:07 AM
Thanks so much John, it works

Alan Julien