TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Inspector bar strange behaviour
Read 1567 times
June 28, 2017, 08:24:15 AM
Hello,
I want to insert line at the specific coordinates and with a specific length. So I go Shift+Tab, enter coordinates, then enter lenght of the line, and to confirm, Enter. It should create line, but nothing happens, nothing is created on the screen.
When I do the same, just with circle tool, the same happens - nothing. Same with rectangle and other tools.

What am I doing wrong? Sure, I can create content anywhere and move it to desired locations, but why not place it immediately at the creation?

I'm using Turbocad 2015 Pro 64bit.

Windows 10 64bit
TC 2016 Pro 64bit, RedSDK
Lenovo M92p I5 3550 8GB RAM NVIDIA GForce GTX 1050ti 4GB

* June 28, 2017, 08:43:19 AM
What works for me: Enable the Line tool and be sure the cursor is in the drawing area. Press Shift+Tab to access the "X" field of the Status Bar and type the desired X coordinate of the line's starting point. Press Tab and type the Y coordinate of the starting point. Press Enter and the line is started. Press Tab to access the "Length" field of the Inspector Bar and type the desired line length. Press Tab to access the "Angle" field and type the desired angle. Press Enter and the line is completed.

Henry H

June 28, 2017, 10:22:30 AM
What works for me: Enable the Line tool and be sure the cursor is in the drawing area. Press Shift+Tab to access the "X" field of the Status Bar and type the desired X coordinate of the line's starting point. Press Tab and type the Y coordinate of the starting point. Press Enter and the line is started. Press Tab to access the "Length" field of the Inspector Bar and type the desired line length. Press Tab to access the "Angle" field and type the desired angle. Press Enter and the line is completed.

Henry H

Excellent. I should press Enter after entering the coordinates, not Tab.
Thank you  :)

Windows 10 64bit

* June 28, 2017, 10:46:34 AM
See the Line tool in the Wiki. It explains the various methods to insert a Line object; #3 in your case.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

June 28, 2017, 10:53:38 AM
See the Line tool in the Wiki. It explains the various methods to insert a Line object; #3 in your case.

Thank you as well. Very useful.

Windows 10 64bit