TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Adding Brick to Walls
Read 2816 times
* January 14, 2017, 09:19:20 AM
I realize the following question is very basic, but after 4 hours of trying to figure it out, I’m at my last end.
I have drawn a basic house using the Walls tool (modifying the thickness to 4” and height to 8’-0”).  I’m wanting to add brick to the outside of the wall.  I’ve tried modifying the Brush and Wall Sides under Properties – but nothing happens.
For some reason I cannot figure how to do so.
I would like to create different views of the house and show the wall brick, as well as the roof shingles.

* January 14, 2017, 10:28:16 AM
sorry if this sound like a basic reply,   but did you alter both left and right sides of the walls |(in properties wall sides - a drop down box selects the side), also the brick only shows in render views either quality or draft, are you rendering, or wishing for it to show in hidden line.

* January 14, 2017, 10:52:27 AM
Andy,
Thank you for your reply.
I've attached screenshots of what I did:
1. Wall Settings.
2. Warning Message.
3. Final.

I realize this must be VERY basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

* January 14, 2017, 10:55:31 AM
Andy,
Sorry, I am wanting to created both Isometric and Elevation Views (see attached).

* January 14, 2017, 11:13:34 AM
If you go to options menu - Native draw is it set to GDI mode,  if so this is no good for rendering, it needs to be set to RedSDK, if it needs changing make sure to save your file first as it needs a restart to change modes.

If already in RedSDK mode, right clicking the render teacup (icon) one can make sure the draft rendering is set to RedSDK not open gl.

Failing all that, you could post the TCW file for someone to check.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:15:34 AM by Andy H »

* January 15, 2017, 07:23:10 PM
The brush options for architectural walls are for a plan view only. In Turbocad you cant assign a brush for a side view or elevation , as you would in other programs.
You need to add the hatch pattern to the elevation afterwards unless you want to add a material - as far as I know the materials are more realistic looking then your example.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* January 16, 2017, 07:22:11 AM
Nikki,
Thank you for the information.
I've tried for the past 2 hours to add the hatch pattern to the walls (in "front" view) and nothing is happening.

* January 16, 2017, 07:15:30 PM
I don't add the hatch to the model. I generate sections and elevations after the model is complete - you can use viewports  or the architectural section elevation tool or the draught palette depending on your version or preference. Then manually add the hatch like old school 2d draughting.
It's not basic, its tedious, so many people have put on the wish list that they would like this to be improved upon.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* January 17, 2017, 04:29:49 AM
Nikki,
Again thank you for the response.
I thought using TurboCAD Pro would allow for creating 3D exterior walls.  Maybe I should have purchased the less expensive program.

* January 17, 2017, 08:30:58 AM
Nikki,
I thought using TurboCAD Pro would allow for creating 3D exterior walls.  Maybe I should have purchased the less expensive program.

Please forgive me for asking this, but I'm confused.

Are you wishing a hatch pattern on all the 3D walls (possible but a tiny bit extra work) like a 2D representation of 3D, or are you wishing 3D realistic rendered brick like a photo.

* January 17, 2017, 08:38:46 AM
Nikki,

In either Pro or Deuxe, you can model an entire building in 3D and assign materials to the walls and roof. Then you can look at the model from any direction -- plan, elevation, isometric, whatever -- and render the screen in a "Quality" mode to achieve a photorealistic result. Any view you like can be saved and placed in a Viewport in Paperspace. You can also print any view(s) you want.

Henry H

* January 17, 2017, 08:42:30 AM
I'm wanting to do is create elevation drawings (see attached - in simple black/white), as well as quality colored drawings for presentation to the city.