TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Circles amd Arcs
Read 1148 times
* January 11, 2017, 03:49:01 PM
Is there a setting to use where the arcs circles and ovals do not keep reverting to a bunch of straight line joined together? I just bought 2016 Pro to see if it was different but still having the problem.
Vern

* January 11, 2017, 04:54:23 PM
Are you using Join Polyline to combine these elements? If so, circular arcs should remain circular arcs, but elliptical arcs and other kinds of curves will become a set of straight line segments. In TCad Pro there is usually no need to Join such entities, since you can Loft or Extrude or Sweep or Revolve with "Use compound profile" enabled. As long as the entities are on the same Workplane and are connected end-to-end with no gaps or overlaps, this option will treat the entire set as a single profile.

Henry H

* January 11, 2017, 07:37:35 PM
Do the Circles and Arcs look better if you "F5" Refresh?

Go to "Options / Native Draw" and click on the "Advanced" button. Checkmark the options you want to be regenerated automatically.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* January 12, 2017, 03:35:39 PM
Thanks you very much John and Henry.  Johns suggestion seemed to do the trick as everything smoothed out.  I am not as yet familiars with your suggestion Henry so I have to do some studying, they do sound interesting.
Vern

* January 12, 2017, 04:07:14 PM
Thanks you very much John and Henry.  Johns suggestion seemed to do the trick as everything smoothed out.  I am not as yet familiars with your suggestion Henry so I have to do some studying, they do sound interesting.
Vern

I misunderstood your first message, Vern, thinking that the straight lines you were seeing were the result of the Join Polyline tool. John got it right.

Henry H