TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Viewport problems in paper space
Read 1436 times
* January 09, 2017, 08:31:15 AM
I purchased  2016ProPlat when it first came out and had problems in my architectural drawings so I went back to 2015 but recently I started using it again on a new computer and it is even worse. I cannot adjust the size of the viewports in paper space. I try to drag them larger or smaller and the cursor freezes up like it is buffering so I have to cancel the attempt. There are other problems but I am trying to hold on until the next version hoping the problems are fixed. This version has been a real dog for me.
   Could this new machine be unable to run this program. or is there a fix to my problem? It is an ASUS brand.
       rafter TC10 thru 2016ProPlat

* January 09, 2017, 08:38:15 AM
I purchased  2016ProPlat when it first came out and had problems in my architectural drawings so I went back to 2015 but recently I started using it again on a new computer and it is even worse. I cannot adjust the size of the viewports in paper space. I try to drag them larger or smaller and the cursor freezes up like it is buffering so I have to cancel the attempt. There are other problems but I am trying to hold on until the next version hoping the problems are fixed. This version has been a real dog for me.
   Could this new machine be unable to run this program. or is there a fix to my problem? It is an ASUS brand.
       rafter TC10 thru 2016ProPlat

> Is it a"Wireframe" rendered viewport?
>Are you working in RedSdk or GDI mode?
> If in Redsdk mode try switching to GDI mode.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.

* January 09, 2017, 08:52:50 AM
I am in hidden line an am using GDI-flicker free mode

* January 09, 2017, 09:05:49 AM
I am in hidden line an am using GDI-flicker free mode

In this case Redsdk might be quicker, try it.
You can still use Hidden line/Hidden line render in Redsdk mode.
Using large architectural drawings I don't have any problems working with my under qualified   ;D windows 7 laptop in either mode but Redsdk is a little quicker to respond when in HL/HL render.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.