TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Problems with 3D boolean operators
Read 1229 times
* December 30, 2016, 11:34:56 AM
Hi all, I've been learning TurboCAD with the Pro trial version over the past week. Most questions I've been able to answer with google, but this one is stumping me.

I'm doing a bunch of modeling with the 3D boolean operations, and suddenly they're all greyed out. If I create a new drawing, they work fine, but in the one I'm in the middle of, they're all disabled. I've looked through to see what I could have possibly changed to get into this state but no luck.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!!

* December 30, 2016, 12:21:35 PM
Welcome

3D Boolean requires at least two compatible objects, for example if one object is a group, and another a solid, it will be greyed out as a group is not a compatible object even if it contains solids, if you could attach a file then a more accurate diagnosis may be made, (below the post text window is attachment and other options.

Andy

* December 30, 2016, 12:25:47 PM
Are you editing a Group or Block and haven't ended the editing session?

There should be an option at the bottom of the Local Menu; "Finish block/group editing". Select that to get the whole drawing back. There's also a green checkmark in the Selection Info palette or the hotkey "Ctrl+Shift+G" that will also finish the editing.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* December 30, 2016, 01:21:25 PM
Ah! I didn't realize boolean operations couldn't work on groups. I exploded the group back into its components and it worked.

Thanks!!