TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

First try with T/CAD
Read 1987 times
* June 07, 2016, 02:35:41 AM
Hi Everyone,
I had my first try with Deluxe attempting to create something ornamental as a learning exercise, obviously not in the same league as most on the forum but I have to start somewhere.

I have never tried anything like this before so all suggestions are very welcome, even the bad ones :)

Cheers

June 07, 2016, 05:22:51 AM
Well, it looks very nice to me.
Perhaps you might consider some background contrast?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* June 07, 2016, 08:08:19 AM
That's a very pretty whatever-it-is, Willeng. I agree with Tim's suggestion. And you might consider drawing a tabletop, or something else, to set it on.

Henry H

* June 07, 2016, 09:52:51 AM
Look really good to me, I like the colours and reflections you've got going on. 

* June 07, 2016, 10:07:03 AM
Very nice model, thanks for sharing!

* June 07, 2016, 01:31:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments!
Yes, very good suggestions with a background contrast or a table top or something to set it on, didn't think of that at the time?

Henry,
I had a chuckle at your comment " whatever-it-is" haha!
I actually enjoyed designing something outside the box so to speak as I have spent my life designing & drafting (manually) & building hundreds of peoples day to day boring items from engines to waterfall features & beyond, some not so boring though.
It was a pleasure to step outside the box & try to be creative with my feeble brain?

I have much to learn about this, by looking at the fantastic work by others I have come to the right place to learn at least.

Thanks guys, back to work.

David