TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Make Hatching Transparent
Read 1820 times
* January 18, 2016, 02:44:51 PM
Hi All
I have recently purchased Deluxe 2015 and the patch hatching I did on my previous version Deluxe 20 is now a solid color where before it was set at 90% and other map line showed through without any trouble. Now I do not see any of the map lines and curves below it.  This file is a housing development with several phases and each phase designated with a color with the lot line etc showing through. I have used "Tools/Draw order" to no avail. Using the Color properties menu I have set it every way I can think of but no change. Would some one please suggest a solution as to what I do to get my map to show through the color?
Vern

* January 18, 2016, 04:37:29 PM
You should be able to adjust the Transparency of a "Solid" brush pattern as shown in the attached screenshot.

Henry H

* January 19, 2016, 09:43:40 AM
Thanks for the reply Henry.
 I had my setting as your jpeg suggests so that is not the problem,  In my Deluxe 20 I used that setting and all of my map (other layers that are set to visible) showed through. With that setting in deluxe 2015 the transparency % reduces the color saturation (lightens it) but will not let the lower layers show through. Any other suggestions?
Vern

* January 19, 2016, 01:58:34 PM
 I had my setting as your jpeg suggests so that is not the problem,  In my Deluxe 20 I used that setting and all of my map (other layers that are set to visible) showed through. With that setting in deluxe 2015 the transparency % reduces the color saturation (lightens it) but will not let the lower layers show through. Any other suggestions?
Vern

Vern, the screenshot I posted was made in v2015 Deluxe. I've been fiddling with it some more and the only way I can come close to reproducing your problem is to assign a 3D Thickness and a material to the boundary of the hatch, and to view the drawing in a rendered mode.

Henry H

* January 19, 2016, 02:09:38 PM
Vern

Vern, are you in GDI mode?
Deluxe 2015 defaults to Redsdk.
Try switching to GDI if you're in redsdk.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.

* January 19, 2016, 04:03:52 PM
Thank you very much fellows, changing to GDI did the trick. 
Vern

* January 19, 2016, 04:31:08 PM
Thank you very much fellows, changing to GDI did the trick. 
Vern

Weird. In my 32-Bit 2015 Deluxe installation (in Wireframe), the appearance is the same with GDI and RedSDK. Are you running the 32-Bit or the 64-Bit version? And are you looking at a Wireframe screen?

Henry H