TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Double Pocket Doors
Read 2273 times
* January 02, 2010, 11:08:10 AM
Hello Forum!

I'm an absolute newbie and so far, am just playing around trying to work out where I am with TurboCad. 

I have a question about pocket doors.

The apartment I'm trying this out on has two sets of double pocket doors opening out onto two separate balconies.   I managed to put a pair of pocket doors into the walls, and even flip one of them so that they open in opposite directions (which is helpful), but I can't seem to get this whopping great door frame out from between them.  If I define the frame to zero, then there is no frame at all, but if I give the frame a value, any value, I end up with a bar of wood in between the two windows.

Related, though a different problem, is that the glass I defined is black and not see-through.  I'd greatly appreciate help on both of these even though the second one is a rendering question and is less of a problem for me at this stage.

Many many thanks in advance,

Dandan

* January 02, 2010, 12:01:33 PM
 I managed to put a pair of pocket doors into the walls, and even flip one of them so that they open in opposite directions (which is helpful), but I can't seem to get this whopping great door frame out from between them.  If I define the frame to zero, then there is no frame at all, but if I give the frame a value, any value, I end up with a bar of wood in between the two windows.

Are you sure they're pocket doors? "Double Pocket" is a specific Door type available in the Style Manager palette, and it does not seem to have the problem you describe. See the attached screenshot

...And what windows are you referring to here?

"Related, though a different problem, is that the glass I defined is black and not see-through."

Change its material to Glass|Glass [Category|Material].

Henry H

[attachment deleted by admin]

* January 02, 2010, 11:55:41 PM
Hi Henry, thanks for the quick response.  I actually hadn't noticed the double pocket door option.  I was trying to create double doors out of two single ones placed back to back.  The "windows" I was referring to were in fact the doors themselves.  Simply, they are glass doors, so I referred to them as windows.  My mistake.

The glass is now see-through.  I think that the error there was that I had not defined the "panel" as anything, and the default was brick, so although the "glass" part of the door was indeed defined as glass, it was on a "panel" that was simply brick, and that was why I wasn't seeing it as transparent.

Anyhow, thanks so much for your help!

Dandan

* January 03, 2010, 04:01:05 AM
You could also use the "Profile Styles" to make your Double Pocket Doors with glass windows.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* January 08, 2010, 08:10:00 AM
Thanks John,

I would actually like to try doing that because my doors are quite similar (though only three panels each).  When I have a chance, I'll play around with it and see how I go.

Thanks again!