TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

I do not wish to sound like an idiot, but
Read 1660 times
January 01, 2016, 09:29:58 AM
My question is: Can factory/out of the box settings for V21 Deluxe be restored? I ask as a user down here has done something strange and I wish to bring him back to a known 'standard'. I have seen it here somewhere and my search fails to find it.

Thanks.

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017
TC2019 Pro Platinum CADCAM
Hexagon VISI 2020.1 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.

January 01, 2016, 10:01:46 AM
My question is: Can factory/out of the box settings for V21 Deluxe be restored? I ask as a user down here has done something strange and I wish to bring him back to a known 'standard'. I have seen it here somewhere and my search fails to find it.

Thanks.

All the Lightworks stuff has the option to "Restore Default...".  Available in a few places, including in the Options menu.

The Desktop (Workspace Configuration) can be restored to "Default".  One way to get to that is Tools/Customize, then the Options tab.

A lot of other stuff that may have been modified can be reset to out-of-the-box settings via:  Deleting the contents of the Built-in Folder and letting TurboCAD rebuild it on the next start-up procedure.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

January 01, 2016, 10:07:59 AM
An Un-Install/Re-Install (with the latest/greatest build, available on these Forums) would also restore to the original settings.
This would probably be the most comprehensive method; albeit, a little drastic, with the potentiality of losing some stuff that one doesn't wish to lose.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

January 02, 2016, 10:22:29 AM
Thanks Alvin.

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017
TC2019 Pro Platinum CADCAM
Hexagon VISI 2020.1 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.