TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Adding brick?
Read 2572 times
* November 22, 2015, 09:30:20 AM
Hello all,
I again seek your infinite wisdom... I have a small house plan that I am drawing for a friend, and as a vehicle to familiarize more with TC2015.  I am wanting to add a brick ledge and brick to the perimeter of the house?  What would be and easy way of doing that?  I am drawing it with the 3d arc tools.  Drawing as it is now, is attached.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* November 22, 2015, 10:32:58 AM
Hello all,
I again seek your infinite wisdom... I have a small house plan that I am drawing for a friend, and as a vehicle to familiarize more with TC2015.  I am wanting to add a brick ledge and brick to the perimeter of the house?  What would be and easy way of doing that?  I am drawing it with the 3d arc tools.  Drawing as it is now, is attached.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Do you want brick the full height of the walls? Or do you want only the bottom 3 feet or so to be brick, with a decorative ledge atop it?

Henry H

* November 23, 2015, 04:23:47 AM
Brick all the way up.  I went in and selected the wall, changed its width to 9-1/2" and the material to brick on one side, and wall texture on the other.  Don't know it this is the right way?  I am trying to figure out how to make another layer, with the perimeter of the drawing to start drawing the foundation plan?  I probably need to finish the floor plan first though, I still need to add the porch.  Which is the next topic of discussion.  LOL.  Attached is what I have so far. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* November 23, 2015, 04:26:02 AM
If you notice also, when I changed the width of the perimeter walls, it overlapped them into my interior walls and drawing?  I tried changing the reference point in properties to center, left, right.  Some where worse than others.  Is there a way to make them "snap" or align to the walls inside?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* November 23, 2015, 05:06:32 AM
If you place all your walls on the same workplane they should join together.

Which version of turbocad are you using? If you are not using the platinum version do a sweep of the brick ledge around the house.

If you are using platinum and the brick ledge is very simple you can add it as a component to the wall.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* November 23, 2015, 06:45:36 AM
Deluxe 2015.  I have not graduated to the platinum yet.  Sweep?  Please explain?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* November 23, 2015, 08:00:02 AM
Sorry It doesn't look like sweep is available in deluxe.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* November 23, 2015, 09:11:49 AM
"Rail Sweep" is available. To use it for this purpose:

1. Draw a rectangle representing a cross section of the brick ledge, and relocate its Reference Point to one of its corners.

2. Trace the outside of a wall with a Polyline and change its Z position to where you want the ledge.

3. Activate Rail Sweep; click the rectangle; click the Polyline. The rectangular profile will be "swept" along the Polyline path, with its Reference Point lying on the path. If the result isn't what you want, the surest fix is to Undo the Sweep, edit the profile, and sweep it again.

Henry H

* November 23, 2015, 01:48:47 PM
I'll give that a go.  Thanks for the info. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* November 25, 2015, 08:42:51 AM
Deluxe 2015 should contain a "House template" .tct file found in the templates folder.
You'll have a five and two component wall style to play around with. By default Deluxe only offers one component wall style, so it's a bonus. You can create your ledge and brick facing with these wall styles.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.

* November 25, 2015, 11:57:13 AM
Cool, I will check that out.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017.