TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Cell Phone Stands
Read 2823 times
* November 03, 2015, 06:37:58 AM
Made few renditions on some cell phones stands that are inexpensive and use for your office desk.
One was inspired from youtube video I came across and made from paperclip.The link is below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdYksVGKBZ0

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* November 03, 2015, 07:09:28 AM
Made few renditions on some cell phones stands that are inexpensive and use for your office desk.
One was inspired from youtube video I came across and made from paperclip.The link is below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdYksVGKBZ0

W.D.

The two top ones are a stylish office desk design, but I like the paperclip design the most. They're great.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* November 03, 2015, 08:11:28 AM
Nice. It's amazing what can be done with paperclips and rubber bands.

Henry H

* November 03, 2015, 02:21:45 PM
Very nice!

November 03, 2015, 02:27:40 PM
Nice. It's amazing what can be done with paperclips and rubber bands.
Henry H

Or coat hanger wire. :-)

November 03, 2015, 02:29:18 PM
A terrific job W.D.

I just recently made a stand like your acrylic unit for my new office desk phone. I 3D printed it and it works great, as I image all your designs would.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:02:08 PM by Don Cheke »

* November 05, 2015, 05:59:37 AM
Nice work WD,  you could start new hobby - see how many things you can make out of paperclips  ;D

Just wondered about the plastic one, if the bottom bend wasn't quite a long (sticking forward) and two plastic pegs put just above it, allowing rounded phones to sit on the pegs and resist movement, (sorry - just a thought)

* November 05, 2015, 06:44:33 AM
Thanks Guys do appreciate kind thoughts .

Andy: Good idea.I suspect these type phones will come to end some time in the future, after talking to cell phone provider at T-Mobile he claims the popularity toward rectangular smart phones is prefer.I was thinking of side panels sort of similar to pocket where as both type phones could be accommodated.Kind of something I made off the cuff ;) 

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison