TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Change default docs folder name?
Read 932 times
* August 13, 2015, 07:55:35 AM
In the interest of shorter path names, I would like to use a docs folder named TCAD_P19 instead of "TurboCAD Professional 19", which is more like...a paragraph. Anybody know if there is a place to change this default in the configuration, and if so, where it is??
I renamed the folder and changed the file locations to use the renamed folder, but Tcad just creates a new "TurboCAD Professional 19" folder automatically each time I start it. Not a dealbreaker, but annoying.
Why do companies think it OK to create these long folder names?

* August 13, 2015, 08:45:16 AM
The Professional 19 folder also stores auto-save / backup etc. so expects it to be there and recreates it if not.

We can have TC files anywhere we like, I have a folder on C: called TC files with sub folders for different drawings / versions, but then I use the History section of the open files dialog so I can easily find the last few files without bothering where they are stored.

There is a setting under options menu - file locations, click drawings and modify button then change the location to your own folder (click into the folder so the full path is shown or TC will use the parent), then click set. this should set the default drawing folder to wherever your own folder is located.

* August 13, 2015, 09:32:48 AM
During installation, you can change the "User data folder" location to a folder with a shorter name. Version 18 shown in the picture.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit