TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

New V16 Tutorial – Globe Valve
Read 8531 times
May 24, 2009, 10:22:53 AM
Textual Creations is very pleased to announce the release of TurboCAD Pro 16 – Globe Valve.

TurboCAD Pro 16 – Globe Valve is a 185 page fully illustrated tutorial that leads the reader through every keystroke to produce the globe valve and paper presentation that appears on the cover of the tutorial.

TurboCAD Pro 16 – Globe Valve is available on the Textual Creations Shopping Page. Sample pages are available there.

From the Introduction:

TurboCAD Pro is, without a doubt, a high end tool that can be employed to bring business owners, within innumerable fields, into the new millennium when it comes to product visuals.  TurboCAD cannot only deliver the goods, but it can do so in ten decimal point precision.

TurboCAD Pro V16 - Globe Valve is a tutorial designed to take a seemingly mundane object to the next level of visuals. Within the tutorial the reader will be lead through each keystroke to produce every component of the globe valve that is illustrated on the cover of the tutorial. The reader will learn how to create the globe valve using 2D profiles and modified 3D shapes. The reader will learn how to insert standard lighting and how to utilize image based lighting in a render scene environment. The reader will also learn how to establish Render Scene Luminance and how to render and save their drawing in a high resolution image format. Additionally, the reader will learn how to use Paper Space to create a pleasant single page presentation with viewports, a drafting palette insert, an inserted image and annotations.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:35:20 AM by Don Cheke »

* May 24, 2009, 12:52:44 PM
Wow, nice job Don that looks awesome.

Paul.

May 24, 2009, 02:57:50 PM
Very nice presentation Don (as usual). One caveat - your flange drilling should be rotated 22.5°

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

May 26, 2009, 07:48:21 PM

* May 26, 2009, 08:12:35 PM
First Class Job On This Don, All That it is short of to take it to a full blown who would know it is not real valve, is some stamped info in relation to the valve size, material spec  and rating on the edge of the flange. Materials look really good as well, probably like a 316L stainless steel.One small detail I noticed Don, the holes in the flanges should be 2 hole top not on center. I spent all my life on pipework, and am just being picky. Also it would not make any difference in relation to the tutorial.

Sorry Don, did not read  that someone had already picked up the bolt hole orientation earlier in the thread.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:26:52 AM by Michael Geraghty »

May 28, 2009, 07:56:31 AM
Just to clarify - I do state clearly in all my tutorials that they are not intended to teach design or construction in the field that the tutorial object(s) is based in. The tutorials are intended solely to teach or illustrate how to use TurboCAD in a manner that may prove useful - to help ease the software learning curve. Any general 'design' errors will in no way negate the usability of the Tutorial material. I do the best I can to research each tutorial topic but I cannot, nor have I ever intended, to be an expert in all the various field.

For example - From the Globe Valve tutorial Introduction:

This tutorial is in no way intended to teach globe valve design or construction, but rather it is intended to teach the use of some of the tools that TurboCAD has to offer and to introduce the new user to a drawing methodology. The author feels confident that the techniques outlined within the tutorial can help lay the foundation for future successful TurboCAD drawing and illustration for even the newest user.

As with any technically advanced software, the user is generally faced with a steep learning curve. It is the hope of the author that the money and time spent working through a Textual Creation tutorial will help ease the learning and allow the reader to come away feeling confident that they made a wise decision.

This tutorial will assume that the reader has the full edition of TurboCAD Pro V16 with the current Architectural and Mechanical add-ons. Although no architectural tools are used, the Thread tool, from the mechanical add-on, is used during the tutorial.

There are many ways to approach a project and it is likely that each person using the program would proceed in very different ways, so be open to alternative methods as experience builds. What is important is that the user becomes familiar with the objects that they wish to model and begin to look at them in a different way than they might otherwise do. What primitive shapes make up the whole? What will be required of these primitive shapes early in the drawing and how will this affect needs further along? What component or components should be started with? Many questions can only be answered through experience, but hopefully some of them will be answered by the time the beginner has worked through this tutorial. There is a great deal covered in this tutorial and the author urges the beginner to be patient, to read very carefully and to take the time necessary to do a good job. Try to enjoy the process as much as you will enjoy the final results.

* May 28, 2009, 08:38:47 AM
Hello Don, I agree with your comments and appreciate the wide variety of interesting models from various disciplines and engineering environments that you have produced tutorials for. You have my full support for your work, and I hope that my comment was not taken out of context.

Mike Geraghty

May 28, 2009, 08:49:06 AM
Hello Don, I agree with your comments and appreciate the wide variety of interesting models from various disciplines and engineering environments that you have produced tutorials for. You have my full support for your work, and I hope that my comment was not taken out of context.

Mike Geraghty

Not at all Mike. With the advent of the new forum it is now possible to see how many hits our posts are receiving and since the number seems significant I just wanted to make the point abundantly clear what the purpose of the tutorials are. I do appreciate your support, as well as all those who have shown it over the years.

* May 28, 2009, 05:10:38 PM
Wow Don,
Superb rendering, this looks a like a big tutorial for most of us.
IMO one of your best works.

May 28, 2009, 05:43:25 PM
Wow Don,
Superb rendering, this looks a like a big tutorial for most of us.
IMO one of your best works.

Thanks Stefaan

May 31, 2009, 02:52:57 PM
Looks like a great tutorial Don. I like the cover image.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

May 31, 2009, 09:46:23 PM
Looks like a great tutorial Don. I like the cover image.

Thanks Brad.