TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

2015 deluxe 64 bit, cannot create blocks
Read 2143 times
* July 08, 2015, 02:40:13 AM
I spent some time today trying to follow the guidelines for creating blocks. Specifically, the drag and drop feature.

What I found is,

You can drag and drop a single to the block menu as long as it belongs to 'layer 0'.
You cannot drag and drop multiple objects to the block menu, regardless to its layer property.

it is possible to create a block by using the menu selections.

I have read many posts about issues regarding the 32 / 64 bit systems. Could this be another instance of that?

* July 08, 2015, 10:27:48 AM
I gave Deluxe 2015 a try and didn't experience any problems when I dragged an object(s) from the drawing area into the Blocks palette pane. The "Create Block" dialog appears, gave it a name and done. I did this with a single object that is on a layer other than "0" and multiple objects residing on multiple layers.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

July 09, 2015, 12:14:43 AM
it is possible to create a block by using the menu selections.

I'm assuming, based on the context of the sentence that you really meant it as a question.

If so, then, yes... you can create a Block using menu selections.

I should point out that TurboCAD has the most flexible menu alterations I have ever seen in a piece of software that wasn't a programming application designed to create User Menus, so it is possible that what I tell you may not be exactly as it is on your system.

Look under the Format menu for the Block command.  It is quite possible that the Hot Key Shift+Alt+B is already assigned to perform the operation even faster.

If you cannot find the Create Block command as I've described, place the cursor over a blank area next to the function icons (to the left or above the Model or Paperspace) and right-click to bring up the Customize popup.  Click the Commands tab, then move the slider to show Create Block; this will display the Hot Key assigned to the command.  To find the command's location in your menu hierarchy is a bit more difficult; I can confirm by selecting  <Format><Others> in the left window of the Customize popup to see the command listed in the right.

Regards,

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* July 09, 2015, 11:33:10 PM
@ john, I can only create a block by drag and drop, when it is on layer 0. I cannot create a block from multiple units by the drag and drop method, only by the menu command.

@jeff, sorry for the confusion. I was making a statement. My only question is to the 32/64 bit. I am using the 64 bit version. Is there truly two versions of the same software with minor glitches like this?

It appears there is something a miss in the coding. Let me clarify, I can do everything from the menu, no issues. It is only when I try to drag and drop multiple objects, regardless of the layer(s). It does NOT work. At all, Period. I am posting this in hopes that someone that does the coding can look into this.

2d / 3d doesn't matter.

* July 10, 2015, 08:00:30 AM
Maybe a reinstall of the software will clear up the problem. 

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

July 10, 2015, 10:07:55 AM
@jeff, sorry for the confusion. I was making a statement. My only question is to the 32/64 bit. I am using the 64 bit version. Is there truly two versions of the same software with minor glitches like this?

Yes, the 32- and 64-bit versions of the software are different.  Some commands only work in 32-bit.  Some Objects are identified differently (shown by loading the same file into each version and examining the Information about some objects).

I have not investigated differences in the Block functionality.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1