TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Happy with myself teaching TurboCAD.
Read 1275 times
March 12, 2015, 07:54:03 PM
In the last couple of weeks, a chap not too far from me purchased TurboCAD Deluxe V21 where he decided to come over to 'the dark side' from DCWin. Through one means or another he found I was only 10 minutes drive away and through a telephone call he asked if I could teach him the way of 'the dark side'. I duly agreed. So that we were on exactly the same page, I also purchased Deluxe, so that we could sit side by side. He took a little pushing to work on layers correctly, but once set up with a template - done properly, he was off.

Today I called on him to see how he is getting on (there have been a number of visits and phone calls at 9pm) and I am very pleased at how well he has done! He uses TC for creating drawings for use in photo etching for model railway stock. I will ask him if he would mind if I publish some of his work (I have some, but to be fair, best to ask first) here on the forum.

I also showed him another brand of CAD software from IMSI and he said: "I will stick with TC as this is damn good!" Oh, this chap is retired and wants to keep the brain working. Well done!

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017
TC2019 Pro Platinum CADCAM
Hexagon VISI 2020.1 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.

* March 12, 2015, 07:58:52 PM
That must be a wonderful source of satisfaction for you, Steve.

Henry H

March 12, 2015, 08:01:54 PM
Yes it sure is Henry. I have not posted for a while due to work etc, but to sit down and help a complete TC newbie takes one right back to yourself and getting your head round TC. I am looking forward to more help where needed.

I must also take my hat off to your guys here too! You have all taught me well and that is not forgotten at all!

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017
TC2019 Pro Platinum CADCAM
Hexagon VISI 2020.1 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.