TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

tv broadcasting control room
Read 3825 times
November 20, 2009, 10:40:54 PM
Hi everyone.  I've been working with v16 for about 6 months now.  I've been using DesignCAD for over 20 years.  I started working with the rendering first because TCAD reads DCAD drawings perfectly, and I needed to improve the quality of my presentations.  So this model was built in DCAD, and rendered in TCAD.  Since I can still keep producing work in DCAD, I'm just taking my time learning to actually draw in TCAD ! 

The lighting on this one was a "lit appearance" ceiling, with four point luminaires at about 2/3 the ceiling height, two in front, two in the back.  The near lights were empirical 3, the far lights, empirical 5.  I mapped images of the equipment at the right of the front console, and mapped company logos onto the screens.  For the logos, I found it helpful to use photoshop to extend the canvas size around the logo image, and fill the newly-created border with the color of the logo background - this gave me a lot of leeway in positioning the images onscreen.  Hope that was clear.

The rendering engine in one of the main reasons I chose TCAD, and it's fulfilling my expectations !

Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

* November 20, 2009, 11:04:51 PM
Fantastic... would say it all.

Don
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 11:30:39 PM by Don C Wensrich »

* November 21, 2009, 12:50:38 AM
Beautiful work. Nice work with the "Lit Appearance" Reflectance.

I kinda wish my basement looked like that. :D

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

November 21, 2009, 06:55:14 AM
Great job on this Steve. Would it be possible to post a close-up of the large control board. I'd sure like to have a closer cool at that.

* November 21, 2009, 09:42:42 AM
That's outstanding work, Steve.

Henry H

November 21, 2009, 11:33:24 PM
Wow, thanks everybody.  Guess the rendering is as good as I thought !  Much appreciated encouragement - you all know how many hours and re-renders it took to get this.  I just ordered a FirePro v3750, haha, need to speed up all those renders !  Currently takes about 4-1/2 minutes each.  Upgrading from a Quadro FX3400.

Don asked to see the control panels closeup, so here they are.  As you can see, the maps for the lower and upper panels are a little bit off, but they were fine for the room-wide view, I never checked them up close.  The small panel on the stand at the right I did take some time with, since it showed so prominently, and it's pretty much right on.  The mapped objects were boxes drawn to the dimension of the equipment. 

I attached the image map from the small panel to illustrate the extended border/background color.  Haha, it's backwards because I still haven't figured out how to flip the image, so for now it was faster to just flip it in pshop !  The extended background also wrapped around the edges of the box to cover them.

Well, now I'm inspired.  Haha, have to start doing the tutorials  . . . to learn how to actually draw . . . but there's two projects coming up over the next couple of weeks, and there will be new renderings !

Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

* November 23, 2009, 02:59:50 PM
Steve very nice works!

* November 24, 2009, 11:03:00 AM
Great work sgedesigns