TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

2D drawing skewed.
Read 1876 times
June 06, 2014, 06:42:13 AM
v19.2
A 2D drawing skews when zooming in with a mouse wheel in model space. The viewports in paperspace show the views correctly.
It's in 2D selector mode.

I have tried resetting UCS in many different ways.

Is the drawing corrupt? Is there a way to lock a model space view to top?

Thanks!

v19.2 Deluxe

June 06, 2014, 07:57:19 AM
Sounds like you moved rotated the camera.

Hit
Alt+Up arrow

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

June 06, 2014, 08:38:02 AM
Yeah, what Rip said.   Also keep in mind, in most installations configurations, scrolling the mouse-wheel while tapping/holding down on it skews the view [I think it invokes the Dynamic Examine command].  It's often (almost always?) an inadvertent occurrence.  You might want to get in the habit of using some other method of zooming in and out-- if you have a sensitive-to-the-tap mouse-wheel.

Me-- I'm right-handed, manipulating my mouse with that hand; and I zoom in and out a lot.   I have my Keyboard Customization set up so that the Z & Q keys are "Zoom in by Cursor" and "Zoom out by Cursor" respectively.

If Alt+Up Arrow doesn't work for you in your configuration, try clicking on the "By World" icon in the Standard Views Toolbar.

From the Wiki:

Plan View:
Icon:
Menu: View / Camera / Plan / By World
Hotkey: Ctrl+W
Alias: world_plan
 Set Plan View of the World User Coordinate System

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:29:26 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

June 11, 2014, 12:19:57 PM
Thanks for your help, guys. I found the answer!  :D

I noticed that the Orbit command (Examine) became enabled somehow. With the Examine command active, if you right-click and choose Camera Properties, uncheck "Perspective". Then view 3D Top and the camera will not skew when zooming with the mouse wheel.

This was not activated by a press of the mouse wheel as I have it disabled. I'm not sure how Examine was enabled, but at least I understand the issue.

v19.2 Deluxe

June 11, 2014, 02:12:33 PM
If you hold don the shift key then right click and drag the camera will rotate.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC