TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Re-introduction.
Read 1627 times
March 17, 2014, 12:28:35 PM

It has been sometime since I posted here let alone poked my nose in. With that, I have decided it best to re-introduce myself. Some of you will remember me from days gone by of version 14 and 16, which I still have and use. V14, I use for the CAM function. Way back then, I was using TC for the design of tooling for the electronics industry with my own design company. That company, I pulled the pin on as a few things were getting on top of me and my health is far more important.
Since I was last here, I have been away doing a number of things.
I have spent considerable time teaching a couple of guys how to use Solidworks in an efficient manner, how to draw using tolerances (new to them), how to use templates, how to number items and drawings and why we do so. This is on-going. These same guys, I have been teaching them how to use Visi CADCAM and how also to get the best out of it.
In recent time, I have had the chance to get back to using TC and TC LTE and also diving back into DesignCAD picking up the CAM add-on, which surprised the supplier as he had no idea of my involvement with CADCAM.
I am also involved with a new CAD program to me CREO 2, some of you will know this as ProE. This has really tested my brain and for a guy who is in his mid-fifties is great to keep the gray matter working!
My intentions are to get back posting here and to other IMSI forums sharing some of my designs and works. I now also have the time to get back creating tutorials for TC LTE and updating the tutorials I had created for DesignCAD.
That is it for now, it is good to be back.
Steve The Kiwi, aka ‘The Scud’

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017
TC2019 Pro Platinum CADCAM
Hexagon VISI 2020.1 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.

March 17, 2014, 12:39:58 PM
that was a good read. wonderful input. Great to hear from "The Kiwi"
Keep those posts rolling.

* March 17, 2014, 06:31:05 PM

It's nice to see you posting again Steve. I hope you and your part of the world is somewhat back to normal after the horrific earthquake.

March 17, 2014, 11:15:39 PM

It's nice to see you posting again Steve. I hope you and your part of the world is somewhat back to normal after the horrific earthquake.
Hi Don, good to be back on the dark side. The rebuild down here is slow, buildings are still being taken down, but all the fighting has started as to who wants what etc. Yes, the ground has settled down, still the odd shake, but nothing to worry about.

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017

* March 18, 2014, 12:16:52 PM
Good to see you back Steve.   We are looking very closely at both Creo and Inventor fusion.  They both have very nice direct modeling capabilities.   We hope to expand on the TC Quick Pull tool enhancements in v21 moving forward in that direction.  So any suggestions or feedback specific to that topic would be appreciated.

March 18, 2014, 01:38:28 PM
Good to see you back Steve.   We are looking very closely at both Creo and Inventor fusion.  They both have very nice direct modeling capabilities.   We hope to expand on the TC Quick Pull tool enhancements in v21 moving forward in that direction.  So any suggestions or feedback specific to that topic would be appreciated.

Will do Dave look at this. Will PM you.

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017