TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Title Block
Read 7350 times
* February 04, 2014, 12:14:18 PM
I am new to TurboCAD deluxe V20.2 and have started to go thru the 2D training guide. It seems easy enough to understand except for the part about inserting a title block.
There are specific instructions on how to do this both in the training guide and in the flipbook.
I cannot seem to find the block that is being referred to. I have come to the conclusion that this block must be created and that seems to be the conclusion of others who have had the same problem.
If block creation is required why not say that is the case? The training guide is specific in identification of what is required and it is hard to believe that all of that instruction is incorrect.
Is the training guide correct? If so, where is the title block that is referenced?
Thanks for any comments,

* February 04, 2014, 12:52:16 PM
Have you try'd to change the Template, the block's are at least in A0>A4 and ISO here

Options/ Program Setup

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* February 04, 2014, 01:25:57 PM
I went to Options > Program setup and found several named blocks in the start up dialog. None appeared to have anything to do with a title block.
What does the abbreviation "SLW" stand for? I have seen that used in a few of the posts on this subject.

* February 04, 2014, 01:53:26 PM
If you go' to Options/ Program Setup select Template/ A1 i e., ok, then go to new Drawing and they should show up.
See attached

About SLW,  i have no idea.:)

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

* February 04, 2014, 03:24:41 PM
I think that I am getting closer to the solution.
When doing as you indicate, the title block template shows up as it should.
I think that the problem is with the student 2D template. According to the training guide, this template must be used for the exercises, yet the blocks that are associated with the template don't seem to make any sense.
If you follow your instructions, per your previous post, and select the student 2D template (instead of A1) and look at the blocks that are in that template you will see the problem.
Is it possible to copy a block to the library?
Thanks for your help.

* February 04, 2014, 04:46:36 PM
re: …What does the abbreviation "SLW" stand for?

Symbol Library - Windows

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* February 04, 2014, 04:59:03 PM
You can copy it, the best will be if you put it in to your student_2D template, then you will have the block's in all the new drawings with that template.
Go to C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCW20\Template and open the file, just remember to change from TCW to TCT (= template )
then go to file/ extract from and select the A1 i e. on the rigth side of the menu ho shows up you can tick the block in the Graphics section and open and they should be there.

Save the template maybe with a different name and close, open a new drawing ho use that template, same prosedure( file/ extract from ) if you only want to put the block in to a drawing that you alredy working on.

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

* February 05, 2014, 06:22:54 AM
The path to the correct template is C:\Program Files(x86)\IMSIDesign\TCW20\Template. For some reason the link in the training guide omits the "(x86)" and without that you get an incorrect template.
I believe that the link needs to be corrected so that each time the correct template appears. I am not sure how to do that.

* February 05, 2014, 06:41:33 AM
re: …I believe that the link needs to be corrected so that each time the correct template appears. I am not sure how to do that.

Options / File Locations… - Select the "Template" line, then click on the Modify button. Browse for the proper folder.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* February 05, 2014, 04:25:14 PM
The path to the correct folder is as follows: C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD Training Guides\TurboCAD 2D Training Guide\Content\Resources\Drawings\Student_2D.tct. This came from IMSI Tech Support.
When I go to Options> File Locations> Templates, select modify and browse to the above location all works well until "Drawings". There is a popup message that says there are no items that match the search. That is probably because of the template file extension, .tct.
I guess that I have a work around that gets me past the problem but eventually the Student template should get fixed.
Thanks for your help.

* March 27, 2016, 07:23:41 AM
Is there a way to just  browse all the various title blocks, and then choose from the TC GUI the title block one wants, and insert that title block into an existing drawing?

Or does Turbocad have only the student and the other title block?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:28:20 AM by nadsab »

* March 28, 2016, 01:56:31 AM
As far as i know, there is only two inside TC.

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

* March 28, 2016, 02:45:34 PM
I am new to TurboCAD deluxe V20.2 and have started to go thru the 2D training guide. It seems easy enough to understand except for the part about inserting a title block.
There are specific instructions on how to do this both in the training guide and in the flipbook.
I cannot seem to find the block that is being referred to. I have come to the conclusion that this block must be created and that seems to be the conclusion of others who have had the same problem.
If block creation is required why not say that is the case? The training guide is specific in identification of what is required and it is hard to believe that all of that instruction is incorrect.
Is the training guide correct? If so, where is the title block that is referenced?
Thanks for any comments,

You can always create your own custom Title Block. The attached is one I created for the company I worked for. Set it up to suit your needs and requirements, when you're happy with it Save it as a Block for future use.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:47:08 PM by DonCW »

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.