TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Walk-in
Read 5851 times
November 02, 2009, 10:18:08 PM
My gallery contribution this week - hope you like (not looking for criticism).

I created the cooler as part of client graphics illustrating the components and make-up of their viewports (cooler/freezer door windows).

I liked the hardware I had quickly created for the cooler, so I decided to make an illustration to show it off in my own gallery.

All items created in TurboCAD. All items (QR & HL) printed to PDF from TurboCAD at 300 dpi. Assembled and tweaked a bit in Photoshop.

[attachment deleted by admin]

November 03, 2009, 08:54:15 AM

Hi Don,

very impressive.

But, did I notice some jaggies in there?

Perhaps, it's just my eyesight!  ;)

Regards Tim 

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

November 03, 2009, 09:03:25 AM

Must be your screen Tim, as I don't see any hint of jaggies on either of my screens. (Flatron w2453V & SyncMaster T240)

November 03, 2009, 09:11:42 AM

Must be your screen Tim, as I don't see any hint of jaggies on either of my screens. (Flatron w2453V & SyncMaster T240)

Don, you're correct,

pressed the refresh button . . . and . . . the image looks even better!

Real cool man 8)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* November 03, 2009, 09:59:24 AM
Incredible graphical output Mr. Cheke. Reminds me of the old Scientific American magazine illustrations.

November 03, 2009, 10:09:50 AM
Nice work Don. Is it as good as this 'walk-in'? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjAZ5esOBZw ;D

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017
TC2018 Pro Platinum.
TurboCad V21 Pro Platinum 64 bit. TurboCad V21 Pro Platinum 32 bit CADCAM.
TurboCAD 2015 ProPlat.
TurboCAD LTE/DoubleCAD Pro V7.
TurboCAD Deluxe V21 64 bit.
VISI 21 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.

November 03, 2009, 11:19:08 AM
Nice work Don. Is it as good as this 'walk-in'? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjAZ5esOBZw ;D

That is what happens when needs and/or instructions aren't communicated well. :-)

BTW, I hope that you got my reply email last night.

November 03, 2009, 11:37:25 AM
Yes, I did thankyou and most helpful. I also have a paypal account, so I'll need to do some changes.

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017
TC2018 Pro Platinum.
TurboCad V21 Pro Platinum 64 bit. TurboCad V21 Pro Platinum 32 bit CADCAM.
TurboCAD 2015 ProPlat.
TurboCAD LTE/DoubleCAD Pro V7.
TurboCAD Deluxe V21 64 bit.
VISI 21 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.

* November 03, 2009, 05:28:17 PM
The details of the handles and hinges are great, would you please explain how you accomplished it.

Thanks,

Don.

November 03, 2009, 07:28:53 PM
The details of the handles and hinges are great, would you please explain how you accomplished it.

Thanks,

Don.

Hi Don,

The models are, of course, created in TurboCAD in the usual way - modeling, materials, lighting, RSE & RSL. I then create viewports and print one quality render and one hidden line render (.012" Line Weight) to PDF. I then open both PDFs in Photoshop and remove the background from the rendered image. The hidden line opens up with just lines so it really doesn't require much additional work. In Photoshop I place the HL image on a layer above the QR and line them up. Photoshop, like TurboCAD, uses snaps so getting them lined up is a breeze. I occasionally will erase some extraneous lines from the HL layer, like I did with the hardware in this project. TurboCAD does have the capability of either layering viewports as can be done in Photoshop or one can even use the camera properties to show rendered objects with suppress Hidden Line engaged. I prefer to use Photoshop for this final output since one is more able to edit the individual layers. If you just output from TurboCAD with the single render it is much more difficult to remove unwanted hidden line pieces. Another nice thing about creating the final output from Photoshop is one can tweak the rendered images if one finds the output from TurboCAD is not quite what was hoped for, or a client wants a color change, or some part darker. This is fairly easy in Photoshop and saves having to experiment further in TurboCAD to get a better render. This is a pretty general overview - hopefully it helps.

* November 03, 2009, 08:24:36 PM

Thanks,

Don.

. This is a pretty general overview - hopefully it helps.

Yes it does, Thanks.

* November 04, 2009, 06:51:41 AM

[/quote]

. This is fairly easy in Photoshop and saves having to experiment further in TurboCAD to get a better render. This is a pretty general overview - hopefully it helps.
[/quote]

One more question Don, Do you suppose I could get close to the same results using PSPX.

Don

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

November 04, 2009, 09:26:00 AM
One more question Don, Do you suppose I could get close to the same results using PSPX.
Don

Yes, without a doubt. PSPX is an awesome image editor.

* November 04, 2009, 10:55:41 AM
Wonderfull presentation Don, I love the metal with that HL technique..

* November 04, 2009, 11:28:31 AM
Don

Yes, without a doubt. PSPX is an awesome image editor.

Thanks Don,

I'll give it a try when I get some time.

Don

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* November 07, 2009, 12:06:29 PM
I did not see any jaggies either, but just a very well succeede illustration.
Perfect job, Don