TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

A More Robust MultiLine Text Tool
Read 2348 times
December 29, 2013, 06:49:26 AM
Wish List Item:  A more robust Multiline Text Tool (Multi Text)

I don't know if they have fixed this in version-20 or the up-coming version-21 yet, but in my version-19.2-Deluxe/Bld.54.2, the MultiLine Text Tool, including when editing existing MultiLine Text, is as crippled as it is in my version-11.2-Pro.  One of the things I was looking forward to-- in upgrading to version-19-- was that they would have improved on this Tool.

My hunch is that they only developed this Tool good enough so as to have interoperability with AutoCAD-- sort of as I believe is the case with the MultiLeader Tool; that may be an incorrect assumption.

I'd have to show you a screen-capture video to convey to you just how hampered this Tool is in my version-19DL; but believe me... it struggles--  I have only maybe 30% control over the Tool.

Thank you, Alvin

(In architectural construction documents-- which I mostly do-- there can be an abundant amount of verbiage.  It would be nice, for some of that documentation, not to have to bring in an OLE Object word-document)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:51:56 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* April 21, 2014, 02:39:01 PM
Alvin Sorry for the lengthy non-response.  I am interested in knowing more about your use case(s) and lack of control regarding the MText functionality.   Can you please provide more details?

April 21, 2014, 03:45:30 PM
Alvin Sorry for the lengthy non-response.  I am interested in knowing more about your use case(s) and lack of control regarding the MText functionality.   Can you please provide more details?

I'll make a mental-note of your request Dave.  And when I come across an incident in my drafting in which the Multiline Text Tool really causes me a lot of frustration, I'll try to take the time to make a Video and send it to you.

"They" may have already improved it in version 20 and/or 21.  I know it really, really, sucked in version-11.  Sucks much less in version-19.2-Deluxe;bld. 54.2 (but still not anywhere near what I would term responsive or robust).  So maybe "they" have kept improving on it?

-Alvin
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:47:18 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)