TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

ver.-19-Deluxe: TurboCAD Warning (Material in Graphic Ignored in Render...)
Read 2830 times
December 26, 2013, 07:34:45 PM
In the attached screen-capture, the selected TC Surface was created by subtracting a Box from a Box.  I think both of these Boxes' original Material were set to what you see in the screen (Tan, with texture).  But in the TC Surface that resulted from the Subtraction, I set the TC Surface Material to be "Plastics/White".

When I go to Quality Render, the Error Message shown comes up.  In version-19-Deluxe, how can I execute what the Error Message is suggesting to be the remedy?  Is there another way to resolve this?  This Error Message comes up pretty often, what do I need to be doing-- or not doing-- to be avoiding this?

Thank you, Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* December 26, 2013, 10:35:24 PM
re: …remove materials from faces…

As far as I know, it can't be done in Deluxe. It doesn't have the Facet Edit tool available in the Pro editions.

Go to "Options / Preference" and uncheck "Transfer material from operand" in the 3D Boolean operations section. I believe this will stop the material on one object imprinting itself onto the other object.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

December 27, 2013, 03:54:03 AM
As far as I know, it can't be done in Deluxe. It doesn't have the Facet Edit tool available in the Pro editions.

Go to "Options / Preference" and uncheck "Transfer material from operand" in the 3D Boolean operations section. I believe this will stop the material on one object imprinting itself onto the other object.

Thanks John.  I thought it was trying to tell me to use the non-existent-in-Deluxe Facet Editor.

I didn't know about that 3D Boolean Operations section in Preferences; like a lot of folks, I would assume, I get complacent, and don't explore all the features of my TurboCAD until a need arises.  (I told myself-- and advised others-- to read the whole manual... but whose going to do that??)

I was/am hesitant to un-check "Transfer material from operand" because-- as you know-- sometimes that function can be valuable-- transferring of wood-grain Material orientation, via the "seeding" trick, comes to mind ["seeding" trick does not work effectively in Deluxe... on TC-Surface Objects].  I just re-created the window-frame, using a rail-sweep.  I'll be more cognizant of my operations in the future; or perhaps click on and off that setting as needed.

Odd that TurboCAD won't allow us-- in Deluxe, at least-- to change the Material of the Subtract-resultant TC Surface.  And upon one Explode, the result is a bunch of Polylines, so Explodeing doesn't help... such as it often does.

The frustrations and requisite workarounds for saving some $$ and having Deluxe, I guess.

Thanks again John.  That was good to learn.  -Alvin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:14:15 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

December 27, 2013, 12:43:59 PM
I thought I was being careful.  But somehow I ended up finishing this little shed drawing, and when I go to Draft or Quality Render (in version-19-Deluxe), I get that error-message similar to the one I originally (same message, different Material) in about nine instances.

Does anyone know of an easy, quick, method of deciphering which Objects are causing the issue, and advise as to my best remedy?

Any and all other suggestions and input would be appreciated, as well.  This shed is already "sold", I'm just building it.

Thanks for any help, Alvin

(or should I just check the "don't show me this again" in the message window?)

Alvin Gregorio

December 27, 2013, 12:48:26 PM
(or should I just check the "don't show me this again" in the message window?)

Hit "Don't show this again".

I always do this!  :P
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:51:25 PM by Darrel Durose »

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

December 27, 2013, 01:05:52 PM
Hit "Don't show this again".

I always do this!  :P

Will do.  Thanks Darrel.

Alvin Gregorio

* December 27, 2013, 06:31:08 PM
(I told myself-- and advised others-- to read the whole manual... but whose going to do that??)

If it makes you feel better Alvin I've read the Ver. 11, 12, 14 and 18 manuals. :) 

Now, if only I was able to retain half of it I'd be doing better lol

Matthew

Just a hobby user.
TurboCAD Vr. 18.2 Platinum
TurboCAD Vr. 2015 Platinum
TurboCAD Vr. 2016 Platinum
PC - Intel i7, 3.2 GHz, 32GB RAM, Window 10 64bit
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1GB RAM