TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Library Bookcases
Read 3087 times
* December 07, 2013, 08:16:37 AM
I recently made basic bookcases for small public library in a neighboring village for their large to tall and medium size books, atlas etc. Varnish finished in the renditions and the other is in plan cherry wood with out varnish.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* December 07, 2013, 10:29:39 AM
Very nice job, WD.

Henry H

* December 07, 2013, 11:58:11 AM
Nice WD.  Did you use an image for the wood materials?

Dan

Deluxe 16.2
Pro Platinum 18.2
Running on HP HDX laptop w/win7 Home Intel Duo Core, 2.53GHz 4GB RAM, 64Bit OS

December 07, 2013, 02:20:03 PM

December 07, 2013, 11:37:38 PM
I like Bookcase-15 the best.  Kinda looks like birch there, one of my favorite woods.
Steve

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

* December 08, 2013, 06:47:54 AM
Very Nice WD, simple design and very functional. Carroll

Carroll D. Peppersack
TurboCad 14.2 Deluxe
TurboCad 20 Plat

* December 08, 2013, 10:11:23 AM
Thanks Guys

I wrapped the boards individually made one material texture for horizontal boards and the side vertical boards have their own material to show grain direction in the vertical direction.I didn't use one material for all boards. The middle partition was done with the box tool and wrapped also with its own material texture and offset in the arbitrary direction to show individual vertical boards. Bookcase 15 image was brought into Paint.net software and I used the auto tone tool from the adjustment column to get color tone of unfinished surface wood.I had  to get the light setting just right to achieve it. If you notice I have the shadow casting in the back of the book case to hide a the darkness appearance from the light probe.I used a image from googling it via the net.I took some snap shots with my cell phone of the original bookcase which was painted jet black and modify the original by increasing its size and added shelves.I always have problems getting a high sheen for black objects so kinda of why I went with cherry grain  look it adapted well.

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* December 08, 2013, 01:59:54 PM
Great job WD, also good to know that with it being in a library it will probably have many years of good service, just imagine the number of people that will pick a book up from it's shelves over a lifetime.

December 09, 2013, 02:39:10 AM
Very nice WD.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||