TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Copy or moving the object/drwaing from model space to paper space
Read 7484 times
* August 10, 2013, 05:03:28 AM
Hi. I have just installed a TurboCAD Deluxe V19I software bundle on my laptop and looks to be working fine. It is my first time to use the CAD software. I am new to the TurboCAD software and I am on a learning curve. I have realised and learned that there is the model space and paper space for drawing/drafting.

Kindly assist me to understand and to learn how copy/move an object from the model space to the paper space.

Regards.

Esquire

August 10, 2013, 05:35:05 AM
Esquire

The best way to start is in Model Space as this is the true area for designing and drawing. You can print from Model Space and Paper Space is more for setting up pages to scale on virtual paper before printing out.

Sometimes you don't need to use Paper Space if you are not bothered about the scaling factors on various paper sizes.

Paper Space uses views from Model Space either using Viewport or the Drafting Palette Tools.

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* August 10, 2013, 09:45:15 AM
Just to put some flesh on the bones of Darrel's response.
You construct your CAD model, full size, as you have done. You then click View|Create View which prompts you to define a box around the area you want to print; this defines a View. After that you are prompted to assign a name to the view you have created. (Actually, you can use Views in many ways, this is one use.)
You then switch to Paper Space (It's the little tab at the bottom left of the screen, called Paper1. (This switches you to a paper space with the default name of Paper1 - you can have multiple paper spaces with names of your choice.)
In the paper space you then click Insert|Viewport when you are prompted to define a box the receive the view you want to print. Select the name you chose and it will then be inserted into the box.
If, when you enter paper space, there is something showing in the area, just click it to select it, and then delete it.
You can have several viewports and place them in several boxes on the same paper space. You can even have viewports with shapes other than boxes.

Viewports have "properties", one of which is the scale. If you select a viewport in paper space, right click and select Properties, you can examine and change properties such as hidden line, rendering, scale, etc.
IHTH

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* August 10, 2013, 04:47:26 PM
Paper space can be a dedicated 2D drawing environment, but it's more correctly a space for laying out 2D presentations.  Rather than copying/pasting between model and paper space, TC has viewport tools which present views of work done in model space, so it gives you 2D views of 3D models easily, without having to project them manually.  In addition to the scaling advantages that Gary's referred to, you can change your views, layouts and your presentations that way without having to redo modeling or drafting work, and you can dimension those views in paper space, leaving model space uncluttered (plus dimensions are often unreadable when you swing the model/view about).   Paper space is more a publishing environment and model space a much more versatile working environment.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:52:29 PM by murray dickinson »

* August 10, 2013, 05:35:51 PM
As well as reading the excellent advise above, you could take a look at a couple of video's from Paul Tracey

TurboCAD Taking an Image from Modelspace into Paperspace 1
and
TurboCAD Taking Images from Modelspace into Paperspace 2

Andy