TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Color change
Read 1585 times
* October 17, 2009, 10:54:24 AM
I am using TC 16.1 Deluxe.  I have drawing with a vehicle on it by Side View. I  am trying to use one color to solid hatch the tires black, change colors and solid hatch the center Hubs red and so forth with different colors but I made the tire color black (Pick Hatch Properties) and change to another color but when I click inside object it uses original black.  How do I change hatch colors ?  Thanks,  Ray

Ray
12.5 Pro
16 Deluxe
Windows Vista 64 bit NOW Windows 10
 and Trial of 2018 Pro

* October 17, 2009, 12:01:11 PM
There are several different methods. Here are two of them...

1. If you use Pick Point Hatch, then after applying hatches, select the region whose color needs changing (by pressing Shift+S to turn off any Running Snaps and clicking inside the region). Then open the Pen Colors list (at the top of your screen by default) and click the desired color.

2. Before doing any hatch, change the Pen color used to outline the region (e.g., draw the outline of the tire in Black and the outline of the hub in Red). Then select one of these outlines, open the Brush Pattern list at the top of the screen, and click on "Solid." Repeat for the other outline(s). If you find that one of these hatches lies over another and hides it, select the offender, open the Format menu, and select "Send to back" or "Back one" -- whichever works.

Henry H

* October 17, 2009, 01:18:15 PM
Thanks Henry.  I will try those when I get back to the drawing.  Ray

Ray
12.5 Pro
16 Deluxe
Windows Vista 64 bit NOW Windows 10
 and Trial of 2018 Pro