TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

New to TurboCAD
Read 2859 times
* October 16, 2009, 02:45:06 PM
Hello All

I have been using a old CAD 2d program and have located a copy of TurboCAD 15 for a very good price.  My question is on ease of use my old program is very simple and easy to use. How hard is TurboCAD to learn and use.  I also have a copy of DesignCAD that I have given up on.

Any help at all is welcome

Thanks
T W Brock

* October 16, 2009, 06:22:50 PM
TurboCAD Deluxe 2D/3D 16.1 was easy to use and work with.   $xx was a good price.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:38:37 AM by turbotech »

* October 16, 2009, 07:02:00 PM
twbrock

Buy the Pro Version - it is worth the money. Just read the posts and be carefull for the nicks it have. The reality is that all CAD's have their nicks and none is perfect. All  of them fail you at one time or other and all have their shortcomings. In all you have to "fit" your own applied safety systems for failure eg. saving every 5 x minutes in different file names ( dwg 10, dwg 20 etc ) and save in a rotational basis. Forget the fact that one CAD can give you all the solutions, they give different solutions to your needs. We have VW, SE synchronous and now I test drive TC V16 as a base CAD again after V12. It is a big surprise. TC V16 is actually really a treat for what we intent to use it for. And the price is very cheap. Take a VW at $ 4.8K , SE at $ 12.14 K ( Converted from our money system ) and then TC at $ 0.2K - can't get better. And the IMSI team did wonders with V16. When we were small we was able to buy only TC and have it from V6.5 but at V12, we dropped it, but then Royal Farros bought the firm and the guys have put their best in - the result is V16 and is far from perfect but a treat. Yeas they need the critical issues of Multi CPU and GPU and 64 Bit as all dwg's are done in 3D now but I believe they will get to it. If you need the heavy stuff for 3D dwg of 500MB and larger, go for VW and SE at the price. They handle it. But at TC did something that brings down the MB's - what I do not know - if I pull in this current TC dwg to VW ot is a heck of an size. So yes to conclude, TC is a treat, it is underpriced for what it gives you, it have a heck of a shortage of symbols, the SI units on the PPM does not always work, it goes down on difficult and intense 3D works, it is fast on dwg's BUT slow on the final PAPERSPACE finalisation, readying for printing, etc BUT overall it gives you more advantages as disadvantages. Seen from the time that Royal took over. And for that I can congratulate TC - IMSI.

* October 21, 2009, 04:00:06 AM
Hi All,

I am also new to TurboCAD, actually all cad in general. I have been tasked with learning how to draw exhibition floorplans and TurboCad seems to fit the ease of use and price tag.

Are there any quick start guides or books I can read to get a heads up on all the functionality?

Thanks,
Julius

* October 21, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
re: Are there any quick start guides or books I can read to get a heads up on all the functionality?

There's Don's site, Textual Creations, that has many tutorials on his Shopping Page; one is even for a Trade Show Booth.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit