TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Old CAD Program
Read 1931 times
* October 15, 2009, 09:56:12 AM
Has anyone ever used old GenericCADD?  I used it about 7 years.  Matter of fact, I still use it for its easy Radial Copy then go back to TC to finish my drawing.  GeneralCAD has it back for Windows but it is expensive.  I downloaded the demo and used it.  Brought back memories.  Just a FYI topic.  Ray

Ray
12.5 Pro
16 Deluxe
Windows Vista 64 bit NOW Windows 10
 and Trial of 2018 Pro

* October 15, 2009, 01:15:33 PM
Ya Ray I use to use it...but then it was gobled up buy AutoDesk. That's when I got on board when V6 was just out. Spent many late nights learning TurboCad. It was like coming out of the darkages.

Tom
Nanaimo BC

* October 20, 2009, 08:19:06 PM
I first used GenericCadd in the early or mid 80's. The first version I had came packaged with a Logitech mouse (bought the mouse and got the program free as I remember). Not sure of the version, but probably v 1.??. I just looked and I still have the manual cover (3 ring binder now used for something else) for version 3.

Mike Paul
aka "Groundhog"

October 21, 2009, 05:54:17 AM
Boy, does THAT take me back.  Generic was my very first ever CAD program, $49, December 1986, for my Atari 520, my very first computer.  I drew the third floor addition to my San Francisco home with it, although I graduated to an Atari 1020 to get the horsepower to finish the plan set. 

Steven D. Thompson